Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow you guys are surfing way faster than I am thus far - with my stock bags I only can go about 8 mph or the wave starts to fall apart.

I'm hoping my new 750lb bags will improve things - should be here this week.
    2009 21V

I know when I go over about 10.5 i start losing the height of my wake. 1100 lbs is alot in the front. I would think running that much weight in the front would take the rear out of the wtaer too much. I'm sure you can get by with that much in the front but you are going to probably need more weight in the rear. I have only been using my wake plate at like 10 - 20%. Here's my port side. Wind has been bad out here so wake looks a bit choppy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm dumping the kids with their grandparents this afternoon and hauling tail to the lake for a few hours before it gets dark. I'm going to work on it some more. I'll post he results.

Wow bump that wave is HUGE compared with mine. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure hoping the new bags will improve things.
    2009 21V

OK, I made it out late on Tuesday. I left so quick in fact that 3/4 of the way to to the lake I realized that I had forgot the vest (bummer). So the only thing I could do was test, not ride. So here is what we got.

10.4MPH
    650lbs in the port locker
    400lbs on top of port locker.
    900-1000lbs in the center locker
    250lbs in port side of bow
    140lbs driver
    Wakeplate 25%

Oh yea, the view was not too bad either
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bumpass1; 06-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Hopefully this link works. Me on my new Phase 5 skim board - super squirrely, super fun.
    2009 21V. I cut fiberglass from the port side locker and had a 1500 lb custom bag made. Front (750 I think) full. 200 lbs on bow port side. About 350 lbs of human ballast in the port side cabin. Speed 11.4 - I need to slow down for skimming.

http://gallery.me.com/creativenav#100006/IMG_0287

Wow, that's a great looking wave and nice video. Thanks for sharing. Got my 750s tonight so going to try out tomorrow. They don't seem as big as I thought they would be - only go about 2/3 of the length of the cavity.
    2009 21V

Pap,
    I had a 750 in there before and I would put the stock 400 lb bag on the surf side seat. That combo gives a good wave, but it doesn't compare to my new custom setup. I don't recommend the 1100 surf sac that wavemakers sells for the 21v. I had that last year but 1) it won't fill completely and 2) it kinked my outflow tubing, we weren't paying attention, and the overfilled bag did $700 worth of fiberglass damage to the hull which required repair - so proceed at your own risk.

Went out with the 750 filled port side, and the stock front bag filled full. 3 people sitting on port side. I found I was getting the swim platform in the water on the edge and it was creating a very frothy/broken up wave crest. Not a smooth wave at all.

Tried wakeplate probably up to about 25% with no improvement.

Speed was up to around 10.5, didn't seem to help.

Do I need more weight up front? Or does everyone get this swim platform effect - not sure how to get a nice wave as it's creating a bunch of whitewater at the top of my wave.
    2009 21V

It's an issue for sure. I've been thinking about the plate too, but can't come up with an easy logical solution.

I find the wave is much better with wakeplate up. I vary mine from 100-80% on the digital gauge. Try a bit more speed. In my vid above, I'm going around 11.4.

If you have the stock bag, consider getting a tsunami pump and filling it about halfway on the port bow.

From last summer. Port locker 750. 450 bag on the port seat. Speed 11.2. Plate at 80%. I forgot if I had anything in the bow, but it wouldn't have been more than 200 lbs

http://gallery.me.com/jwldoc#100577
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 06-16-2011 at 11:20 PM.