Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I misspoke - I had my wakeplate completely UP, not down. And tried it down to about 25% or so.

edit: can't see your pic, it's asking me to sign in and my .me acct is expired.

Are you saying you are putting nothing in the bow sac? I had mine full. Do you put the stock sacs (I have 2) on the seats and then fill them? I'd worry about damaging the vinyl doing that.
    Last edited by pap; 06-16-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    2009 21V

my bad...try this link:
    http://gallery.me.com/jwldoc#100577

In that vid I have the bow sac completely full (stock 650, or whatever it is). I think I may have 200 in an additional sac on the port side bow seats and I definitely have 400 on the port side rear seats.

After getting the 750 sacs last summer (wife is goofy so I bought two), I replaced the fittings on the stock 400 sacs, placed them on seats and filled/drained them with an external tsunami pump for $100.

I've had no damage to my vinyl from the sacs.

Is that with nobody else in the boat?

If I have 2-3 people, and have them sitting on the stern port side, then maybe I'll put the stock 400 up bow port like you say.

The other thing that I note is that when I'm seeing that video I see the same "whitewater" but it's up further than you're riding. Maybe my rope is just too short (I'm still a beginner and struggling to keep speed off rope) and I'm not back far enough.
    2009 21V

my daughter was filming, but she's a flyweight. If you are only going to use one of the stock 400 lb bags, I'd put in the rear. I lay mine so 25% is on the sun deck cushion and the rest on the seat. Anybody else in the boat sits either dead center behind the pylon or in front of the bag.

Generally speaking, bags in back increase wave height, bags in the bow decrease height but increase the length of the wave.

My wave turns to foam if the plate is much higher than 80%

Yes, the sweet spot of the wave is a good 8-10' behind the boat.

I use this rope at full length: http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf..._id=835&ref=35

Not my boat, but this is more or less how I position external bags.
    Instead of putting a bag in the center playpen like this guy, I put mine more to the side of the surf in the bow

06 21V

Front bag full (650)
    Both Rear bags full (400 each)
    400 lb bag laying on top of surf side seat and rear locker
    original stock 250 bag sitting on floor leaning up against the back seat and side seats in the rear corner

wake plate all the up
    1 person sitting on rear surf side corner
    speed 10.8 - 11.1
    perfect pass is set for rpm not speed about 2900 rpm

we could get about 12 feet back off the swim platform and still plenty of push

A follow-up:

We had replaced the back stock bags with 750's and with port side filled full and front locker fill we still were getting no push and unable to get off rope at 10-11mph.

Saw another boat on the lake wakesurfing and it looked like they were going slower, so I slowed down to about 7.4mph - BOOM all of the sudden our wave cleared up and was perfect, no froth and huge. Was able to get off the rope (!) but very close to boat to do so.

Yesterday I brought out both original 400lb bags and a tsunami pump so now I have 400 port/bow, 400/sun deck/port and the 750 port storage locker and the stock bow bag. Again at the slower speed we have a beautiful huge wave pushing much further back, but at faster speed it all turns to white/froth.

I don't understand why we have to go so slow in our boat vs. what other people are posting, but if anyone else is struggling, maybe give it a try. The change was night and day - I was getting SO frustrated at why I couldn't get off the rope but as soon as we slowed down and the wave formed up it was night and day and a total piece of cake.
    2009 21V

Maybe you are going the correct speed and you don't even know it? Have you had your perfect pass calibrated? Maybe it is not accurate to your correct speed. My speed is always different depending on people and weight in the boat. I set my pp to rpm, not speed and adjust rpm higher or lower depending on what the wave looks like.

Most recent set up:

2006 21V

Surf Port side
    750 in port locker
    400 on top of port locker and down on rear seat
    650 in front locker
    250 on middle of seat port side
    250 on floor leaning against port side seat
    rpm set rpm 3150 (speed would vary 11.1 to 11.6)
    wake plate was slightly down (to bring bow down)
    1 driver 190 lbs
    1 passenger 170lbs in rear facing seat
    1 other passenger sitting on motor (middle of rear deck)

The wave was very tall (over hip high) and we easily got 15 ft back from boat.

Don't have any pics because it was at night and camera on phone is aweful.

When sitting still the rub rail was about 2 inches above the water

I have never had my pp calibrated so who knows if I'm actually going whatever speed it's reading? Hope that helps