Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 21v Surf setup help

I've got a 07 21v. I have tried to surf a couple of times this spring, but have not been very successful. I am running 650 in the rear surf side and 1180 center sac filled as full as the locker will allow (probably 900-1000). We are using a 5' 4" Ronix Cortez. I have never surfed before, so that is probably part of the problem. It just seems like the wave has no push behing it. I can't seem to get the rope to slack off completely.

Thanks
    Jamie

Default wake surf

your weight should be fine make sure all passengers are in rear wake side .
    your speed should be around 9.5 - 10.5 and have boat drive in a 500 ft dia. circle with wake surf to inside . ajust rope so when your riding you are only 4-5 ft from rear corner of the boat . good luck

I continue to tweak the surf wake on my 09 21V. We had the steepest wake some of the experienced riders had seen this past weekend. For me, anything less than 11 MPH, and the wake is very clean. With a lot of people on the boat, speeds closer to 12 were good. Sometimes 11 is spot on. Just make sure you experiment with the wakeplate and the speeds.

I wasnt happy with stock ballast. It took me one weekend out on the boat to buy additional bags and a pump.

Quote Originally Posted by CarZin View Post
    I wasnt happy with stock ballast. It took me one weekend out on the boat to buy additional bags and a pump.
    Yea I know. I switched out the center 650 sac for the 1180 Gravity Games sac and replaced the 400 sacs with 650's. I need to pick up a pump and fittings to convert the old 400's for surfing.

Is swapping out the bags a simple thing? Where is the best place to buy them? We're learning surfing and so far have just been pulling via rope at about 8 mph. Not enough push to let go so far, maybe just speed. Wave seems decent just not very long.

(2009 21V with stock everything)

Very easy to swap bags out. Takes only about 2 minutes. Just pull back the red retaining ring on the connectors and pull the fittings off of the sacs. Remove the old sac and lay the new one in it's spot and reconnect the fittings and retaining ring. As far as where to get the, I ordered mine from www.wakemakers.com. They are very knowledgeable about everything ballast related.

I will get some pictures of my wake this weekend and post them

Very easy to swap bags out. Just pull back the red testimony ring on the connectors and pull the fittings off of the sacs. Remove the old sac and lay the new one in it's spot and reconnect the fittings and retaining ring. As far as where to get the, I orderedmine from www.wakemakers.com. They are very knowledgeable about everything ballast related.

I will get some pictures of my wake this weekend and post them

Wakemakers web site doesn't seem to be loading.

Can I ask a foolish question:

If the larger sacs create such a better wave - why didn't supra include them in the first place? What are the downsides? They can't cost very much more to have included in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Wakemakers web site doesn't seem to be loading.

Can I ask a foolish question:

If the larger sacs create such a better wave - why didn't supra include them in the first place? What are the downsides? They can't cost very much more to have included in the first place.
    They don't fit the compartments very well, and if you were to fill them completely you couldn't store anything back there, also there is the issue of max-weight on the coast guard plate. For I'd say 80% (maybe more like 90%) of wakeboat owners the oversized ballast bags are unnecessary.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

I asked the same question about the ballasts a couple of months ago when I got the ballasts and was told that liability has a lot to do with it as well. They dont want to be responsible for people overloading and swamping their boats, even though the hulls will easily support a lot more weight.