Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Replying to Topic 'Impressions new Supra Launch LTS'

We took it out yesterday. air temp was 57, water temp was 49. My wife loves to water ski. the water was smooth as glass. Despite the cold air/water, she had a great time. Yeah, i'm sure time will heal the pain, as long as we don't have any further issues.

My dealer told me that Skier's Choice would be contacting me to make my buying experience a much more enjoyable affair after all my problems. That elated me. I thought it was great that a company would care enough to make things right. That was about a month ago. I have not heard from them yet.

Time to right the nasty letter to the president of the company.

Fire Fighter, sorry about your problems. Email me with your contact info name, address, dealership, Hull number and of course phone # and we'll get this figured out. thanks, Jay Warren [email protected]

I just found out that Customer service has been in contact with you and has all your information, so no need to email me. Regards, Jay Warren

I picked my boat up from the dealer last weak. Apparently three more months in the shop was not enough time to get it right.
    - One gel coat crack at bow eye still not fixed. I took 1 close up and 1 wide view picture to clearly show all cracks.This crack was specifically discussed because it was one of the 2 missed at the first attempt at gel coat fix.

- Walk through window gap still not fixed. Supposedly they could not get Supra to respond with approval to remount window. Very frustrating considering I called Supra directly to resolve these issues last year. Rob at Supra assured me that he would speak to the dealer, set me up for repairs this winter, and call me back. Never heard from him and dealer said they never did either. What the !!!! ? Again, gap was noted at delivery and window fell through over a year ago!

-Bilge pump/circuit breaker still not fixed. Originally, bilge ran continuously, anytime power was on bilge would not shut off. After supposed repair bilge only works from switch, no auto float opperation. 50 amp circuit breaker also not working, stated that I was willing to pay for that. Neither was fixed. Out of principle I have not fixed some things, but I have given up and will just fix them myself.

-Not all speakers worked after dash install, found wires not connected properly.
    - Steering wheel center cap lost, had to look around shop for bow seat cushion.

This has been our typical experience at the dealership. It has been a trial to resolve even minor issues. Our boat has spent approx. 7 months at their shop over two years.

i've fixed all the problems i've found so far. Mainly because i'm sure of my mechanical skills and attention to detail, not so sure about the dealer maintenance personnel. It's also a hassle to drive my boat to the dealer where i purchased it to fix the problems. We have a local Supra dealer, but i did not think it was right to burden his dealership with problems on a boat he did not sell me. Either way, it is almost easier for me to fix them.

My dealer has agreed to do the initial maintenance free of charge. I won't use it, since i don't want to drive 300 miles to get it done. I wish they could have given me something i would have used.

Supra has agreed to send me two polo and two T-Shirts. Yeoow.

John

Fire Fighter,
    Just curious, if you get around to dealing with the gap in your side pockets, let me know how you repaired that. I am having a similar problem in my 04 Sun Sport. The through bolts are accessable and tight but nothing to secure the panel in the middle. Any thought or pics would be appreciated. I dont want to remove the vinyl to add another bolt, so my only thought would be to remove the panel and reattach with a bead of 3M 5200 marine adhesive- I just hate using glue on stuff like that.