Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water in the rear compartment????

So I have a 2006 24ssv and got some water in a place that makes no sense to me. Im not sure how any models have this compartment but its the one that is a part of the engine compartment door that is at the very back of the boat. You usually open it while standing on top of the swim platform.

Anyway, this thing filled up with about 5 inches of water over about two hours of boating and I cant imagine how this could have happened. This compartment has sides that go all the way up to underneath the cushion of the engine compartment door and there is no drain hole so the water had to come in from the top somehow. There was also a good deal of water on the engine block too. Has this every happened to anyone? the dealer said that they had never seen this and just drilled a drain hole for if it happened again. But I am pretty sure this also caused my servo pp motor to seize... Any ideas?

Default water leak

Take a look at the ruddershaft intake or the tru hull for the propellorshaft in the engine compartment if there is no water dripping.

Greetzzz
    Supra TS6M '89
    custom tower, heater, tower lights, led interior lights, tower speakers, bimini, etc.etc.

FeAr iS yOuR mInD KiLlEr !!!!!!!!

If there is traces of water on the engine block then the water came from either the engine (possibly a leaky or loose hose/fitting) or from above maybe if someone stood over the motor compartment dripping through the door - but that would be a lot of dripping. Is this the first time you've been out this year? Was the engine winterized properly? If not you could have an even worse problem. I would run the motor and try to find a place where water is coming.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Another thing to consider on the engine block side of the discussion...has it been summerized? Are you sure all the plugs are back on the engine? You might hook the hose up to the engine and run it in the driveway and see if water is coming from there engine somewhere.

Are you talking about the "riders cubby", the gear box on the back?

I'm not even real sure water from a lose engine hose could get in that compartment. Where you surfing? Is it possible you took a roller onto that area when you stopped to fast? I have never done it but seen it on smaller boats.

Next time you start the boat in the water, see if you can watch water come into it. I have a hard time imagining anything getting in there from the engine though.

As far as the perfect pass, It is likely the moisture caused it to seize. I had moisture in my engine compartment last year and it cause the servo to seize. Easiest fix is to call perfect pass direct and they will ship you a new servo. That was the cheapest i found it and it is a simple swap out. I wouldn't mess with going through the dealer.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

yeah if you are talking about the cubby storage area that is above the engine (has the hinged door in the cushion) it has to be from outside the boat. Like KG said, I bet you stopped quickly and took a large roller into it or wet people standing above it dripping down????

Thanks for all the responses. The boat has never been winterized as we just drop a heater inside if it ever drops below feezing in Texas.

That's a good point about a wave getting in, I usually am really carefully about keeping waves from rolling in but I could have slipped up once but to me it seems like it would take at least a few waves to get the 5 or 6 inches of water that got in. And I have never once had this problem before in the 5 years or owning and surfing the boat which is why it is so odd to me.

I didn't have the problem yesterday but I am going to keep checking for and leaks to see if it gets wet again today, and thanks for the tip on the servo motor, my dealer is horrible and I would love to not have to take it in.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5012 View Post

I didn't have the problem yesterday but I am going to keep checking for and leaks to see if it gets wet again today, and thanks for the tip on the servo motor, my dealer is horrible and I would love to not have to take it in.
    No doubt, call perfect pass. Only a few screws and one clip if i remember correctly.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    No doubt, call perfect pass. Only a few screws and one clip if i remember correctly.
    This might be a dumb question, but how do you get the black knob to come off? Is there a screw or does it just pull off?

I think you have to use an allenhead on the backside of it? Either that or you have to take the whole plate off then unwind the string.

I honestly can't remember exactly. Are you certain you have that issue?
    2006 Supra 24SSV