Thread: Fuel problems

Default Fuel problems

Ran the boat for about 1 hour yesterday and she ran great. Suddenly bogged down like she was about to die, so I let off the throttle, and she purred back again. It happend again about twenty seconds later and I decided to head back to the dock. I took it slow, and she died about a half a mile away from where we decided to head back, and wouldn't start again. Got towed back to the trailer.

It sounded like there wasn't fuel getting to the motor, so pulled my spark arrestor, and started the motor. Motor ran great for about two or three seconds and died instantly, like someone shut of the engine. Look down into the butterflies, I could clearly see there no fuel getting to the carb.

I'm going to yank the fuel hose from the fuel pump to the filter and dump it into a gas can and see if I can run it like that to test for obstruction in the fuel lines and breather hose further back. Just wondering if anyone else has any smart ideas, or helpful tips.

So start making fun me as is needed. It was outta gas with a bad sending unit that makes it always read full. LOL

Your not the first nor will you be the last, at least you had the excuse of your gauge reading full......
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I had to get towed in myself today. We only went out for a couple hours in the morning before the 4 tonners come out. I was going to fill up after but ran out right in front of the marina. Embarrassing but we made a couple new friends in an IO. I told them I will take them surfing and some gas money to thank them for helping us.

Yep you were right no fuel getting to the motor.... But it was an EZ fix!!!

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

Talking

My saltare often runs terrible without gas, I feel your pain.

I've got a 1992 comp II impulse what is the fuel cap on these baby's my gauge is finicky

Funny stuff guys. She's running fine now. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

Cgilboski, my sunsport has a 37 gallon tank. Jet's 89 comp has roughly a 20 gallon tank. I'd imagine that's what you have as well.

I think Its 18 or 19 gals?? Mani, Im not saying anything..untill I see you again. LMAO
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    I think Its 18 or 19 gals?? Mani, Im not saying anything..untill I see you again. LMAO
    You're better off saying it over the interwebs. In person, you run the risk of "accidental" blunt force trauma. LOL