Fman
You hit the nail on the head. Never wanted to battle about your wake issues, but it all comes down to more weight up front. The poster has an SSV which always has a playpen (yours was a sunsport with walkthrough I believe). The playpen is the best in my opinion cause it allows for more weight up front. You can fit an 1100 bag up front. If you run all that weight in the back with no large bags in the front your wake will be too steep. Steep = more sensitive to speed and side to side weight.
Yes having a 1100 bag in the rear would probably work, but it is not great to use for wakeboarding cause if you are trying to estimate how much water is in the rear bags you are never going to be correct and you will have that side to side sensitivity. If he was only gonna surf and never wakeboard then I would say yeah!!!!

I still think the perfect set up for that boat is the 1150 up front. More lead (200-300lbs) up front and then 650's in the back and still keep your passengers forward in the boat. If you don't want to move the passengers forward, then keep stock bags in the back. I liked the 650's in the back cause it gives you a good base for surfing. I would also just move my lead back there and people. Always very solid...

Just my 2 cents though...
It can be a very sensitive boat, but once you figure it all out you can rock it....