Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Call me Crazy.. But What do you think I should SELL my Supra for If I decided to?

Ive got a Crazy amount of time and Money into this boat.. and I love it.. But I found a 2002 launch for a great price that I might be interested in.. They might not sell it till the end of July.. But anyway Im just looking to see what everyone thinks I should sell it for it I decide to..

NEW everything.. Motor and trans has 426 Hours on it as of yesterday.. Everything works great.. Everything is less then 30 hours on it Since Complete rebuild from stringers.Engine upgrades and maintence,Custom made Sunbrella Cover for boat with velcro around Tower and hidden flaps for tie downs.. Stickers..stereo system.. LED lighting.. fresh interior.. List would go on forever! Underwater LED lights.. Shine 20+feet.. Shiney Hull! custom steering wheel.. LCD display for the radio where the tach was.. mp3 cd ipod controls with remote.. I could go on forever.. instead ill post some quick pics..

The Bad is the Trailer still needs some love.. I painted it and put led lighting on it but I need tires for it and to weld the fender on it.. Which I might still finish

this pic is with out the side decals and the first trip out

This pic shows the BAD.. Missing trailer fender! I have it I just got to get it on!

Click the Link in my Signiture to see all the work in progress
    Last edited by dshaff24; 05-31-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Pic of the interior fresh from the interior shop.. 20 days ago

lighted cooler..

All new gauges..steering wheel.. Tint.. Everything black was powdercoated.. Tower.. Seat base.. window frame.. Swim deck braces..

Swim deck was professionally Sprayed with LineX bedliner..

I didn't spare anything....

under water LED's..

Please im just looking to see what your average Joe would pay for something like this.. Not looking to BANK.. Just looking to see what you guys feel someone trying to get into a all ready Done 86 Supra Sunsport..I allready know I got way more into the boat then Id ever get back

New switch panel.. New front red/green Light and New led rear pole light for night time. New Blower.. New fuel line.. new filters.. new acc belts.. new electronic distributor.. new plugs and wires.. New carpet! new Polk 6x9's..Polk MM tower speakers.. kenwood Amp..clarion cd mp3 ipod deck.. New bilge with built in float.. new rear chrome Vent covers from newer supra's.. Newvent hoses!.. new fuel filler hose! new Fuel FILLer gas lid.. honestly the only thing thats not new is the motor and trans.. But it has low hours.. Maintance records.. and it was my nieghbor's down deepcreek maryland and he was a maintaince freak and only used the boat for joy rides.. I got instructions on how to maintence this boat that he personaly wrote and the OEM factory manuals! Boat purchased new 22k in 86 reciepts.. letters from mr fowler ..

I believe this is all I can think of at the moment! Thanks

Don't do it!!! Although I myself got tempted recently by an 04 24v!

The bad news is that it's worth a lot less than you have into it. Don't kid yourself -- you'll have to dump some money into that Launch to get it to where this one is.

I haven't seen one yet that has sold for over $12 - 14k. I'd think you would be in that range.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I understand the lure to buy a newer boat. They have so many upgrades and feathers that weren't even thought of in the 80s. When I was shopping I thought about selling my baby. After careful consideration I came to this conclusion. I will never get what the boat is worth to me. I would NEVER find another one like the one I have . Like a classic car you have a piece of history. It will always attract attention and compliments from all. Go ahead and buy the newer boat but KEEP your old girl or you will forever regret selling her.

What can the new boat do better than the old??? Just the balast tanks. You have put too much into the boat without truly enjoying it. I would drive it this summer and keep my eye open for a bargain in the fall. If you can try a newer one out this summer before you purchase.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....

honestly I love this boat.. Im just checking my options and what the average person looking for a restored boat would pay for this.. Honestly Id figure Id ask 14k and just see what happens IF I decide to sell.. Anybody feel thats to much?

Quote Originally Posted by dshaff24 View Post
    honestly I love this boat.. Im just checking my options and what the average person looking for a restored boat would pay for this.. Honestly Id figure Id ask 14k and just see what happens IF I decide to sell.. Anybody feel thats to much?
    I don't think there's any way to know at this point. There's only one hull-up restoration that I've seen go on sale and it's still sitting for sale. Is it worth $14k to the right buyer? Absolutely. Is that buyer going to be difficult to find? Absolutely. It's all about how quickly you need to sell it to get into that Launch. I think you can sell it for 14k but it might take some time just because it's a buyers market right now. I just checked over at onlyinboards and there is certainly NOT a lot of options in an open bow boat for under $15k. That means it may be worth even more than 14k to the right buyer? I'm not sure!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.