Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would say $12-14K is reasonable, but it will take the right buyer as was already said. You probably won't sell it quickly. I agree with michael...keep it and buy the other one if you really want it.

How about this.. List it high.. and if it sells or not will tell me if i really need a different boat! I don't need.. or really have to sell it.. I just kinda lucked into finding a like new launch for a good price.. So if it would work out then so be it.. if it doesn't then ill just keep cruising it..

I just put the cover on it a minute ago and was like in heaven sitting in it.. lol my luck Id find a buyer and then not be able to part with it..

Love the boat. Keep it. I would only give 10,000 because i'm not rich. Even though it is way worth more. I say list it high and if someone gives you that then decide. nice boat. keep it. The old boats are awesome, espeacilly when you go by a $50,000 boat and throw better tricks.
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

I agree with Dickboxers, Your boat looks awsome I wish I had one like that.

Have loads of fun with it.

Greetzz
    Supra TS6M '89
    custom tower, heater, tower lights, led interior lights, tower speakers, bimini, etc.etc.

FeAr iS yOuR mInD KiLlEr !!!!!!!!

Hmmm. That's a tough one man. Many times have I sold something then later wished I still had it . . . Like my 67 Mustang, and my nearly perfect 83 Suburban - you can't replace stuff like that. When I decided to have my Sunsport rebuilt I made a concious decision before-hand that it would be a keeper. I would never get my money out of it, so I decided that I would try to do everything right so that I would be happy with it over time . . .
    I hate to see you sell her with all that work you've got into the job and it's soooooo nice. I'd be afraid of having regrets. Keep it, then look for a newer one in a few years - maybe then you'll be able to afford both or at least be able to keep the Sunsport in the family.
    If you've got to rush to make the deal, it's probably not a great deal. And if you're having second thoughts now, just think about how you'll probably feel when she's gone!
    As for a value for your Sunsport - it would definitely take the right buyer. Most people I know looking to spend that much on a boat want something newer. A buddy of mine recently bought a 2000 Mastercraft V-drive with around 200 hours for $20K - no wood. Just sayin'
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

I would think realistic offers you might get, around $10k. My gut instinct when I look at it, I think around $10k-$12k. Pictures of the floor/stringer rebuild will be a selling point and eliminate people's worries of having to do it again any time soon.

For me, things like fancy stereo equipment, colored lighting, etc. do nothing to the value of a boat. Things like coating a teak platform or drastic modifications from classic styling decrease value. Doesn't matter if it's easily reversible or not.

When I was looking last year the things I did value was a tower, Perfect Pass and a good cover, and was willing to raise my offer for those items, ballparked around 50% of the cost of adding them myself. The boat I bought had none of these, needed the interior finished, but did have newer engine, stringers, and floors. My offer reflected what needed to be finished to get it to where I wanted it to be.

I am a prime example of the lucky one in this type of situation dshaff, the fella that sold me his boat had poured his blood sweat tears and $$'s into my boat. He had over 17k into it and I drove away with it for $8500. Ur boat is soo sweet, I'd at least give it a few seasons. These new boats are super sweet and highly appealing but really they are a dime a dozen. Ur boat is one in a million. Just a fellow Sunsport owner's opinion. Those sweet Vdrives will always be around.

Quote Originally Posted by DGREEN View Post
    I am a prime example of the lucky one in this type of situation dshaff, the fella that sold me his boat had poured his blood sweat tears and $$'s into my boat. He had over 17k into it and I drove away with it for $8500. Ur boat is soo sweet, I'd at least give it a few seasons. These new boats are super sweet and highly appealing but really they are a dime a dozen. Ur boat is one in a million. Just a fellow Sunsport owner's opinion. Those sweet Vdrives will always be around.
    you all got some good points.. I still have to get the trailer finished before Id ever let anyone take it so I got some time