Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

One of the Eastern Washington desert locations we used to travel to for long get aways with our Comp and motor home, is Banks lake, which is about 60 miles long. We stayed in a marina campground in Electric city at the northern end of the lake. This lake is a man made irragation lake with a constant supply of water pumped into it from the Coumbia river. The river water is pumped into the lake very near the marina, and it isn't very warm. The marina has a no wake breakwater. We had to commute the boat 10 miles or so every day to get to warmer water and an empty beach. The Supra cruises ok on a plane, once plaining, you can pull the power way back to keep it there. But I burned a lot of gas doing this. I used much more gas commuting then I ever did playing. I carried two full 2 1/2 gallon gas cans to make sure I could return in the afternoon, and I had to use them several times.

For the last several years we have been vacationing at a very small lake in the North Cascades region, which is only used normally for fishing- nobody skiis theere! We set up the motor home right on the beach, and beach the boat right inn front ogf the motorhome. We ski right out in front of our campsite, it's as if we had the lake to ourselves! It's awsome!

I now use far less gas, and get much more play time.

But cruising is fun. We always make a point of taking an evening cruise. Load up the boat with people (and dogs), and several spare beers or Margaritas, and just cruise the perimeter of the lake in idle for some cool down laps and to say hi to the neighbors.

My local lake does not have a public dock, so we use the boat as the kids swim platform. We do a lot of drifting around in the middle of the lake so the kids can swim.

Many years ago I lived on a good sized lake in western washington that was developed with many homes. I didn't have a boat, but my neighbors did. It was fun to use a tow boat to travel to bbq parties elsewhere on the lake.
    Last edited by rludtke; 06-26-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

Quote Originally Posted by beast 496 View Post
    As for cruising around, we love it. Our lake is 36 miles circumfrance, that is if you drive in and out of every cove ect. However it is 9 miles long and the bar/resturant is on the opposite side of the lake. So to go to dinner by boat is at minimum 18 mile trip. I love pulling up to the docks with the big block rumbling, stereo playing Buffet feeling good and looking good. That is boating. Al
    That is so sweet Al. I am so with you. The strait pipes rumbling at idle just seems to drive Jimmy's point home. Jimmy is the most prominentently played artist in my Supra.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

we cruise and drift alot. my girl likes to sit in the bow as i just drive around. usually we only have 3 or 4 of us on the boat so when we all get tired from boarding we drift and swim alot. turn the ole exile system on some randy rogers band or kevin fowler and have a cold one. we cruised all over canyon lake, tx last weekend.

however i hate cruising in choppy water. if its glass cruising is MUCH more fun
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?