Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
I read your install over there, I'm still not clear on how to run the wires.

Did you run 12V wires all the way over to the amps/battery area? I just ran them the 8 inches or so to the power bus right behind the steering column.
I only ran the input, amps, and remote wire over to the battery area. the power and the ground to the helm bus

guess I'm not clear on what the "remote" wire is for - if I've got power switched on during ACC or On position, do I need the 'remote' circuit as well? If so, can I just run the remote to the power switch on the "stereo" switch on the switch panel to the right of the driver?
The remote will allow you to turn the unit on when you turn your stereo head unit on. Similar in that your amps turn on when you turn your head unit on.

your thread more: did you wire the red and black to the stereo switch? I thought that was just a single pole switched hot for the red wire going to the head unit?
I just ran the red to the stereo switch but am considering changing it to the bus as it causes a slight pop if turned off before the head unit is turned off.