Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I made a mold for those a while back for my saltare but I never put the finishing touches on it or pulled a part from it

go stand by the boat ramp and watch people head out for the day.

haugy's idea is the best...nice choices of pics. salty and the rest talking about being at the lake comes in a close second.

I agree with the break down approach. Just focus on what you can get done in one session/day and get it done. Either have a mental list or physical list and keep scratching things off. Kind of the "One day (thing) at a time" approach.

1-1/2 years into mine & finally starting to see the end in sight. My delay has been from lack of time (family, work, etc. take priority), not lack of motivation. Like others, I find lists extremely helpful and motivating. I've got a 5 page spread sheet and 4 page to-do list in rough chronological order - just grab a task, get it done, check it off, & move to the next.

I'd been putting off wiring cause I'm still a little intimidated by re-doing the whole thing and adding lots of extras. Break it all down into smaller tasks that can be finished in short stints. "Wire the dash" was too much, so I broke it down into smaller sections - set some time aside this weekend between kids soccer games & just sat down with tools and supplies & went to work. Switch & breaker panel - check, gauge panel - check, speedo panel - check. Felt so good to get those done, I went back to the garage last night & started wiring back at the transom & now can't wait to get back & hopefully check that off tonight.

Just keep at it - sounds like you're close...
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Im with you man..I have so much to do and so little time Im getting deprssed about mine. I have a PILE of new stuff and cant even start on it untill the floor is done. : ((

but those pictures helped!!
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Yeah, i have no issue with motivation...just time and finances.

My problem was the physical toll it was taking on me. My hands were shot and worst of all, it seemed that no one really cared. But take Wotan's advice...look at one thing at a time concentrate on that. I suggest meditating on how much guts you had to do this and that you've MADE IT through the hardest part. Also remind yourself that once it's done, people will magically appear and go crazy for a ride...all the while not knowing (or caring) about the blood sweat and tears you put into it. But that will be your little secret. I even guess you'll get a silent chuckle at how clueless they are about just how hard it was to do. C'mon man!! Don't throw the book down during the last chapter!!!! You WILL get it done. If we didn't believe in you, you wouldn't have all of us people responding.
    Last edited by NeilMcg; 06-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Man I don't know about going to the lake this weekend but I think I will get the boat out front and take some pics for you guys thank you for all of your kind words

I thought of one more thing... Post regular updates on here. It feels then like you are responsible to someone/something!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Default I agree...

For me as well, it all boils down to time and money! Sometime more time than money, but there neck and neck. Between installing a new wood stove over the winter,school, having my newborn, I barely had time to tear into the Salt, so it sat there just waiting for me to do something for her! Now that spring is here, I have been frantically tearing down the interior, rebuilding 90% of the seats, and having them all reupholstered, its coming along, but seems slowly. Now balancing the Bambino, seeding a new lawn, installing new french doors ( have to keep momma happy) I walk a fine line. Sometime I have to take a step back,and take a deep breath.
    But I now in time, it will be thing of beauty, all my hard work paying off sitting in the sun, surfing the wake, sipping a cold one. Right now the upholstry is almost all done, reduilding the rear seats to be larger, pulling up the floor to install some hard tanks underneath for ballast. At least one good thing about having time to sit and look is I was able to map out what I was going to do to her. WEll here soon some pictures will follow, if anybody is interested....