Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the PCM 351 came in the supra so the rest of the boat is made for the PCM motor. the wetsand part is not hard it is just time consuming. Start with 1000 grit sandpaper. Sand all of the boat that you want to buff, use a foam pade about 3in by 5in foam pad that you wrap the sandpaper around, then go over everything again with the 2000 grit then buff with a buffing compound then finish with a polishing compound. again this is a long process

I'd start with 500 or 600 grit. It will be a lot of work either way, might as well try to cut through the bad stuff as quickly as possible.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Default Pcm 351

I have a the complete drive train out of a 1988 Supra Pirata. Ran good and has 1040 hours on it. PM me if you are interested. It was just pulled out of the boat. [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by drew10483 View Post
    i don't know much about the engines...where would i be able to locate a pcm and what are the pros and cons vs. my engine...trying to make this is as easy as possible for me so i am up for anything =)
    Of course the PCM 351 is the original equipment for your boat. Having a PCM would simplify the installation. I don't know how to source one, other than perhaps star hunting craiglists. you might even post a wanted ad. The internet is full of shops that do overhauls of PCM engines. Some marina's and boat dealers may have PCM take-offs availible for sale.

Better yet, buy Century63's.
    Last edited by rludtke; 07-02-2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4