Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default 85 Supra SunSport Skier - PINK!

After watching my neighbor use this boat for years I just picked it up about a year and a half ago now and I absolutely love it. I'm a guy that likes to do everything - I do wakeboarding, 3-event skiing, barefooting, surfing, and just plain boating and I really think the SS works great for everything. I couldn't be happier to be a boat owner finally and I'm constantly excited about the work I get to do to it.

The boat had the original stripes taken off and the blue and pink stripes were added, which I kinda dig ; )
    It has a little over 900 hours but it runs amazing - starts right up every time I go out.
    I added a tower first thing to the boat, an Aerial Airborne tower with a couple of speakers and racks. Love the way it compliments the colors and lines of my boat.
    Also added a simple sub and amp setup.
    Recently installed a completely automatic, hidden ballast system that works like a charm. I'm so happy to have all of the clutter of bags and pumps out of the way.

I just decided I would start this thread like all you guys, I should have done this a while ago, we all like showing off our babies right?!

I have a new Acme 543 on the way, and other projects I'm thinking about are LED accent and swim platform lighting, new stereo equipment, PA system, tinted side windows, etc etc etc... Thanks for all the help everyone has given me and enjoy!

ballast bags

Last edited by chrisk; 06-23-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: I had included the wrong picture

I like the blue/pink! If you're going to be old-school..... go all the way!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

haha Yeah I've learned to embrace it, definitely turns heads! And it's okay because of the mean sound these things have rumbling down the river!

Looking good man. The pink is definitely eye catching. Teak looks good!

Talk about old dogs & new tricks. Old school - beautiful teak, "pretty in pink" stripes, sexy sweeping bow rails. Plus tower, stereo, & integrated ballast. Nice blend.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Thanks for the comments on the teak guys! I was seriously VERY close to taking all of it off, sanding it down, and re-staining it with a kind of black teak stain so that it would match everything a little better. I couldn't bring myself to do it though, the teak is so classic.

Thing screams Miami Vice!

Here's one in the water last summer

Chris, so how did you get the teak looking so new?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839