Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    At least on my boat, it makes a lot of difference. With the plate all the way down, I get the longest surf wave (which is how I run it) but I can't make a decent wakeboard wake to save my life.
    I'm a bit confuse on what setup to start with ! i definately want the biggest et longest surf wave possible... but i do want a big wake wave to ! i love to make big wave to wave jump (less the injury it may come with ) so that's why i though to put the plate up and put more ballast in the bow as i usually do, to 'compensate' maybe ?. wich one of the two below you think it make more sens ??

1-plate up (bigger wave) + more weight in the bow (make it longer) and when wakeboarding since the plate is up i may be able to still have a nice wave.

2- plate down (longer wave) + most of the weight in the back (make it bigger) and do some R&D with the ballast to see if i can have a nice wake wave..

I'd probably compromise and leave it right in the middle.

Get a baseline for a wakeboard wake and surf wake that works for you and then fiddle one way or the other and see how it effects it.

I can get both a nice surf wave and a nice wakeboard wake with it even with the hull of the boat, but since I don't really wakeboard any more.... I just put it all the way down to stretch that surfing wave out (and then use lots of weight to make it big and steep.)
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I'd probably compromise and leave it right in the middle.
    Haha ! full of common sens ! I launch the boat tomorrow, will try a couple thing and give you feedback !
    thanks again

I never have a use for the lift ring at the back of the boat, so I found someone on the Moomba forum that had some scrap black hydroturf. Unscrew the lift ring, cut the scrap hydroturf to the dimensions you need, and done. Makes a nice little step for people to use when boarding the boat.

I literally installed these LAST September and haven't taken a pic until now. I thought I would add them to my Pride & Joy thread. Images of my DIY tower speaker LED's.

Looks good.