Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Titan, I used Sikkens brand teak finish, you can buy it at Overton's. It's held up really well for how much I use my boat (100 hours or more last season and quite a bit this season).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Titan, I used Sikkens brand teak finish, you can buy it at Overton's. It's held up really well for how much I use my boat (100 hours or more last season and quite a bit this season).
    I have used Interlux and Starbrite. Right now I'm re-oiling the swim platform after every use. And even when I re-did the platform (lightly sand, teak cleaner, teal oil) it was never as shiny as yours. Is there really that much difference in the brand of oil, or did you do something specific in the preparation of the platform before you oiled it?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTn View Post
    I have used Interlux and Starbrite. Right now I'm re-oiling the swim platform after every use. And even when I re-did the platform (lightly sand, teak cleaner, teal oil) it was never as shiny as yours. Is there really that much difference in the brand of oil, or did you do something specific in the preparation of the platform before you oiled it?
    The sikkens is a teak finish, not a teak oil. I believe that it's poly based stain. It drives/cures instead of just soaking in like oil would.

The stuff works great but the downside is that I've been on some REALLY slippery swim decks that people put it on. Also, once it starts to break down it goes pretty quickly and you cant easily remove it. The two people I know that have used it eventually regretted it.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Nice boat! Even though I am not big on the towers for the older boats, I have to admit, I do like yours! I think the fact that the black matches with the black on your boat and it seems to follow the shape of your windshield makes it look more like it was made for it.

Hope to do an internal ballast system as well this winter. How much does your internal ballast system hold and are you able to surf with it without adding any "outside" bags?

Thanks for the compliments! My system will probably only hold about 800 lbs when completely full. But, when I'm consistently riding with 5-7 other people, it produces a great wake. As far as surfing, when I do it, I do throw an extra 300 lb-er on the floor surf-side to improve the wake. However, that was with only 4 people in the boat. I think it all depends on how many people you're out with and how cooperative they are in positioning their weight for surfing. Placing that ball valve on the front right bag was a real easy way of shifting weight to the left and then if you have people sit in that back left corner it works out pretty well. Also, if you don't slalom, I would recommend placing another sac in the ski locker like wakemikey and others have done. I do slalom so I wanted to keep that for storage but it would be a nice addition.

Titan, as for the teak, I've never had any problems with it being slippery. All I did to apply it was sand down the platform before application just so it would take the stuff better and then apply a couple coats. It's lasted real well too, I'll try to remember to take a picture of it for you as it sits, well over a year later.

Titan, here is a picture of the teak as it is now, about a year and 2 months after I put that Sikkens on. There are a couple of spots where it is starting to wear off, but for the most part has remained solid. Sorry this picture isn't great, it was raining and dark.

Default Acme 543

So I got my new prop in, brand new Acme 543 13x11.5. This one replaced a very old 13x12 that I had on the boat.

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't as impressed with the Acme as I was prepared to be. I expected noticeable gains on both ends with it.

I didn't gain any top end speed whatsoever, which is pretty disappointing because I love to slalom and I barefoot every once in a while. I'm still sitting right at about 35-37 mph, depending on weight and other variables.

I did notice some more bottom-end power out of the hole, which is nice. Also, I noticed a little more efficiency at slower wakeboarding/cruising speeds.

I don't know, maybe my expectations were just a little too high. It does look awfully pretty on the boat though! haha I included a pretty crappy picture taken from my phone from the dock. Thoughts on the 543?

Here's my surf wake with just two people in the boat, kind of a bad picture but I took it with my phone and just uploaded it with my phone from the river!

Chris - That's an awesome angle. Looks huge!

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

I really like the pink
    funny, guy at the local shop got to talking while the gf tried on wetsuits. said they can't keep pink boards in stock. guys are buying them up left and right. it's apparently the hot color for boards this year.