Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help me find a good deck that is Ipod compatible

I know that seems easy enough because of all the choices. But the two I've used before had terrible interfaces with the Ipod.

I'm looking for a good deck with a an Ipod hookup that will keep the Ipod charged, and has an easy user interface with the Ipod. The last sony I had you had to hit the button each time to scroll once. So if you wanted to listen to "Tool" by artist, you had to hit the button each time to change artists. With a 30gb ipod nearly full, that would take 30 minutes to get to one artist. I could only listen to playlists as the options were shorter.

So if you have a good one, chime in. I'll be going full wetsounds shortly after I add the deck.

Default Alpine!

Haugy,

All of these marine specific decks have great iPod interfaces, the iDA-X100M and the CDA-118M being the better of the 3.

CDA-118M
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cda-118m

iDA-X100M - IPod/ digital Media specific (NO CD)
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ida-x100m

CDA-9886M
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cda-9886m

With that being said, if you are looking for something a little cheaper, the CDE-121, CDE-122, CDE-123, CDE-124SXM (Sirius XM Tuner in the Box) all offer a very intuitive iPod search menu structure. They will also work great as long as they are in some form of protective case, and not likely to get wet.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

WSC
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"

I have a Pioneer DEH-7200 HD - Love it... Ipod hookup/MP3 in the face...
    05' Launch 22SSV
    Saepe Expertus - Semper Fidelis - Fratres Aeterni

Kenwood marine KMR 700u is what i have. The front face folds down and your ipod goes inside to keep it dry.http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...arine/KMR-700U
    Last edited by Kracker; 06-14-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks guys for the links.

WSC: Is the CDA-118m a double din? Is it larger than a standard face? I already have a hole cut (in fiberglass) for a standard size deck.

Same question for Kracker. These decks look very large (squarish)

Is it easy to scroll/select through the ipod menus and find things quickly?

The kenwood has a larger double din face but the actual radio that slides in is standard din size. The part you see is actually just an empty shell with a control face. The brains is a seperate unit that hooks up via din cable that u tuck away somewhere hidden and dry. And functions are pretty simple. Has a search button that lets you scroll through ipod controls and find songs.

Haugy,

Just like Kracker had mentioned about the kenwood, the actual mounting for these headunits is a 1-din in the back, although they do have a larger face (1.8 din is what it is considered) Will drop into any 1-din location with ease.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Cheers,

WSC
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"

Quote Originally Posted by Kracker View Post
    Kenwood marine KMR 700u is what i have. The front face folds down and your ipod goes inside to keep it dry.http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...arine/KMR-700U
    I like this! Does it have built in HPF/LPF cross overs? I like to have control right at the deck. I'm also wondering if you can see the display in the sun?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I'm also wondering if you can see the display in the sun?
    Good point, mine will be right in the direct sunlight.

I like the Kenwood, and it's much better on price, but I don't like how it's a DIN unit, with a seperate unit that has to be mounted as well. I'd rather it be one setup that I can just plug into. The CDM-118M is definitely nice. But $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    I like this! Does it have built in HPF/LPF cross overs? I like to have control right at the deck. I'm also wondering if you can see the display in the sun?
    Yes has 3 sets rca's front, rear, sub. Has hpf,lpf for all 3 outputs. And screen can be configured several different ways. The unit and remotes have a mute button that turns dwn the music. I mounted my remote right above my throttle so when a rider is dwn u can easily hit the mute as u pick up. alot simpler than that device that hooks to your tach and turns dwn as u power dwn ur boat. and cheaper. probably best unit for the price hands dwn.