Default GPS map 2011 Supra

I have a new 2011 Supra 21V with the GPS. I was expecting the GPS to come loaded with maps of local reservoirs (Jordanelle, Deer Creek and most importantly Lake Powell) but i can't find any, and i can't find any online.

Anybody have any information on where I can buy maps of lakes and upload into my GPS. Right now the GPS is mostly worthless, it just shows lines where i have driven around in a big yellow blob.

Thanks!

You need to buy the Navionics card for your part of the country. For me here in the south, that card is: MSD/HM-S and is about $99. The -S is for south so for you, find the one that applies.

I have not yet installed this in mine but I am told the dash has to come out, then the VISION display out of the dash and the card inserted into the SD slot. Then reassemble all that and try it out.

Huh... I did not do anything and it automatically shows where I am on the river and landmarks on the river. Was the same with my 2010. I was not even aware you could get maps. Might me nice to download google earth style maps.

Diggs,

The maps that are in the system are good but may not have all the detail of certain parts of the country/world. So, the system is designed to allow the use of region specific data cards. In my case here in Central FL, the lakes we play on are included but not some of the canals that connect them. The Navionics cards can be used to add detail or water not in the system. This is not a must do unless your water is not there as supra-louder mentioned above. I may do it to get the added detail of our area water but will wait until we are not using the boat so much to do it.

Does anybody know if you can load updated maps through the USB port on the side of the cockpit? The vision manual says you can load profiles from one system to another but nothing else.

I too, do not have my most frequented lake in the stock GPS. taking apart the entire dash to get at a SD card slot seems like a lot of effort

It looks like the vision system comes with the Navionic gps map card installed, you can get your card updated according to their website. I looked up my lake and apparently they now have it on the card. This weekend I will try and see how to get at the SD card and see if it will download an update from the Web.

Here is a link to a PDF from Navionics...

http://www.navionics.com/DocLibrary/...eWeb_Final.pdf
    2010 Sunsport 21v

Spankster, any luck updating your navionics card? If, please Let me know what you did to get it done as I'm interested in doing the same
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

Does anyone know of detailed directions on how to install new sd card from navionics and if it is difficult and/or time consuming? I have my card and want to see if it would take long to install.