Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

you got it.

The way that unit functions is to put your iPod/iPhone away in a secure location and do all of your control through the headunit.

If you were looking to have control from the iPod you best bet will be just an aux in (dont think its possible on a CDE-9873) or purchase a newer deck with iPod "passenger mode" Something like the CDE-122.

Cheers,
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"

Okay I have annnoother question for you since it seems like you know this stuff. So I have this head unit installed and it has the 2 RCA outs on it, along with the antenna plug and the ipod cable plug. Would I be able to run the Krypt version of the ws-420 along with this system? Here's a link to it.

http://www.bulletlines.com/Krypt-KMA...-EQ-p/4555.htm

If I would be able to connect the two, would I have the full control over the speaker levels along with the other features such as PA system, etc etc?

Thanks so much for the help.

Did they even try to not be obvious about copying Wetsounds? 4200 instead of 420! haha I am not sure how those EQ's work sorry.

doc, I've heard they work great I'm pretty sure wakemikey and someone else on here has told me that... I was just curious about whether or not I will be able to even use one with the head unit I have, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to AV stuff.

Hey Chris,

I'm not sure exactly how the inputs work on that specific unit, but to the best of my knowledge, you would likely just feed it a full range input (Front or rear - not sub) and you then run the outputs to you amps accordingly, from you EQ.

How are you looking to control the volume? From the head unit or from the EQ?

I assume you could likely do both, but you would have much more consistent sound if you chose one, and left the other at a specific level.

If you can get/have pics of the input/outputs on that Eq I can expand more on how to wire it up!

cheers,
    85 SunSport - "Under Construction"