Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake Surf Tower Rack

Does anybody make a dual surfboard rack to mount to the tower? I used to see one on ebay (quality questionable I am sure) but now I can't find it. I know some surfboards will fit in normal wakeboard tower racks, but mine doesn't. I am going to add a rack, but I would love to have more flexibility in what I stick up there. I also don't really want a rack that cost more than my board.

Any suggestions?

Yes !
    I bought one of these
    http://menacewatersports.com/shop-v1...=1&productid=4

Website stinks...give them a call. Lots of options.

I purchased the vinyl coated double surf forks. The are a direct replacement for the double wakeboard forks on my '09 21v. Just unscrew 4bolts and good to go.

Krypt makes one ...

http://www.bulletlines.com/double-wa...ack-p/1003.htm

I have the monster wake/surf combo and have been very happy with it as it is quick release and can hold more than one surf board in the surf slot.

http://www.iboats.com/Monster-Tower-...view_id.705407

Those are actually pics of the double wakeboard but I have them mounted the wake/surf combo mounted the same.

2006 Supra 24SSV

I've got my name on the list over on the Moomba board where they're trying to get another production run together for the Endless Wave surf rack.

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=15184

Basically it's a flat roof rack style that bolts to the top of the tower so you can stack multiple boards. I've got a foam ocean type board (and another on the way). Most of the surf racks I could find are only 2" to 2-1/8" wide & my boards with traction are thicker than that. Kneeboard forks could be used, but are around 4" wide so you'd have to shim with something like foam noodles & still only fit one thick board per rack. I'd love to just use a cargo bimini, but they don't work well with my Titan II tower.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

FWIW, The monsters larger fork is 2 3/4.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Thanks for the clarification, KG. Now if only they made a double surf rack...

It looks like Krypt might be the best option for what I am wanting. Thanks KG.

I will also call and ask about the menace rack as well Squeaky.

I wish I could find one rack to hold a kneeboard and a surfboard. I don't have the kneeboard in the boat very often (depends on the guests), but it is always in the way!

Patrick,
    As memory serves me, the Menace aka StarOne surf forks are 2.5" wide.
    I have no problem holding Inland Surfer boards or a CWB Razr which are pretty thick.

I dealt with the sales manager Brett directly. Service was fast & informative
    [email protected]

I too called Menace/StarOne (agreed, good folks to deal with) & they said the width of the surf fork on their double surf rack is the same as the surf fork on their surf/wake combo fork. I've got a pair of the plasticote dipped surf/wake combo & my surf forks measure 1-7/8" wide. The coating eats a little room, but maybe only 1/8" both sides similar to inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    I too called Menace/StarOne (agreed, good folks to deal with) & they said the width of the surf fork on their double surf rack is the same as the surf fork on their surf/wake combo fork. I've got a pair of the plasticote dipped surf/wake combo & my surf forks measure 1-7/8" wide. The coating eats a little room, but maybe only 1/8" both sides similar to inserts.
    I'll measure mine tonight....thanks for the update

Mike, what brand boards do you surf that are that thick?
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 06-22-2011 at 10:32 AM.