Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticker Residue

Default Sticker Residue

Anyone have a great way to get the sticker residue off? I peeled the old letters off the boat and scrubbed for 20 mins and still haven’t removed all of it. Goo gone? Thanks

Yes, goo gone.

goo gone or charcoal lighter fluid...(naptha)...just make sure to wash and wax right afterwards
    Jamie Warwick
    Rowlett Texas
    2002 Supra Launch 22

3M makes a good sticker / adhesive remover in a spray can that works a little better than most items out there.

I use goo-gone followed by wax.
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

That reminds me...I was talking to a very renowned fiberglass and paint shop that specializes in boat recently, and they said that waxing gel coat is bad for it and that it shouldn't be done...

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    That reminds me...I was talking to a very renowned fiberglass and paint shop that specializes in boat recently, and they said that waxing gel coat is bad for it and that it shouldn't be done...
    That will be a first.

LISTEN OH YE SUPRA OWNERS!! FOR I HAVE FOUND THE ULTIMATE STICKY CRAP REMOVER!!!!!

3M Eraser wheel. Remember the material an eraser feels like? Put that on a big ass wheel, put on a drill, and holy crap be amazed!!! I was skeptical, but after scrubbing 10 feet of what would be a total of 48ft of boat, I tried it. It doesn't even need real pressure, just contact with the residue. It also doesn't hurt gelcoat or paint. I have both, and it didn't make a mark.

Took me an hour to 10ft with the 3M adhesive spray. This stuff was on there. I had the whole boat done in 30 minutes with the eraser wheel. This thing is amazing. I've also already used it on 5 other things with adhesive residue.

The only warning you need is don't stay in one spot at high speed. If you've been running it for a while, and then you full speed it in one spot, it can make a very faint burn mark. But that's because I was stupid and tried to see if it would take the sticker and residue off in one step. It can, but only when done with care.

If you've got a lot to remove, get this thing and be happy.

VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHKN5_UfDik

Haugy...That is awesome. Thanks for sharing....
    Jamie Warwick
    Rowlett Texas
    2002 Supra Launch 22

Used the 3M adhesive remover, worked pretty good. I did buy the 3M stripe remover, didn’t use it yet but plan to soon. I picked it up at Advanced Auto Parts for $34.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabeejamie View Post
    Haugy...That is awesome. Thanks for sharing....
    Yeah it's great. I normally follow up with the spray adhesive remover just to make sure I've got it clean. If it's not, that stuff will help find it. Spray it on, and then wipe clean. Using the spray will help give you a smooth slick surface and the cloth will grab any spot you missed. Hit it with the stripe remover, and move on.

I did my old Mariah stripe removal with just a heat gun and the adhesive remover. I spent all day doing it. This thing had me done in 2 hours with way less stress and aggravation.

Sorry to sound like a salesman, but I can't imagine any of you guys trying to remove 20+ year old adhesive the old way when this is available.