Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carpet Cleaner

Default Carpet Cleaner

Alright guys, what do you use? I'm talking nasty as hell carpet that really needs a good scrubbing, and then wet vac'd.

What should I use? I don't mind scrubbing, and I've got a wet vac.

If it's as nasty as you say - maybe good to invest in one of those small residential hand held steam cleaners or look into a commercial rental with a hand attachment?
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

Keep it simple. Park on a hill, pull the drain plug and pressure wash it. You will love the results. Spray some resolve, carpet cleaner, or degreaser on it first and let it soak for a few mins. Will give it a pleasant smell too. The shop vac it all out and and let it dry in the sun or in a well ventilated garage with fans.

I got sick of how dirty mine was...and cleaned it with a utility knife.

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    If it's as nasty as you say - maybe good to invest in one of those small residential hand held steam cleaners or look into a commercial rental with a hand attachment?
    Are they small enough to get into the places we have?

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
    Keep it simple. Park on a hill, pull the drain plug and pressure wash it. You will love the results. Spray some resolve, carpet cleaner, or degreaser on it first and let it soak for a few mins. Will give it a pleasant smell too. The shop vac it all out and and let it dry in the sun or in a well ventilated garage with fans.
    Won't that blast the carpet out of there? Mine would blast crap all over the boat doing that . Have you done this before???

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    I got sick of how dirty mine was...and cleaned it with a utility knife.
    That's this winter. I'm talking about for the summer just to get through it.

Haugy I do it all the time. I buy and sell some boats on the side and every one that I buy I pressure wash the carpet. These are all newer boats with nice thick carpet, but I do it all the time and I know most dealers do too. You will love it. If you are concerned, just start with the nozzle far away at first. Pull all your seat cushions and put them in the garage and take the pressure washer and have fun. You will make a bit of a mess (not as much as you think), but it all cleans right up and you will be singing praises afterwords.
    As with any thing else, if you are new at it, just take your time and start slowly.

I'm used to pressure washing rock crawlers, so being nice and tidy has never been a concern.

My only thought was when you put that much pressure on the carpet (even at distance) the debris has to blow somewhere. That's why I was worried about spreading the filth all over the place. But honestly it couldn't hurt. I'll give it a whirl.

park on a hill and most of it will run out your drain plug. start at the nose and work your way back. hit it with the shop vac after and you will get any left over debri. wife down your fiberglass and upholstery and you will see.

Disclaimer.... I have never seen your carpet, so if it is old and falling apart, I would use caution, but if not, you will be fine...

I am positive I would have no problems putting a spammer into a meat grinder. Damn spammers.

Back on topic:

I think I'm going to pass on the pressure washing. With wood everywhere and me trying to make sure it's dried and cured, the last thing I need to do is pressure wash it. I'm going to have to try plan B. Get carpet cleaner, spray in, scrub the hell out of it, and vacuum. Repeat if necessary.

Not to mention I don't have time to let it air dry for 24 hours. I've got work to do on it.

I use the little green machine from walmart.

In this instance, a rental from the local home depot might be a better idea.
    2006 Supra 24SSV