Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carpet Cleaner

Do they make them small? I'm not a v-drive so it's tight around the engine box and stuff. It would be hard to get a regular steam cleaner in there.

Default Little Green

Here's a second for the little green machine from walmart. Don't know about ridiculously dirty carpets but works great for maintaining carpets.
    07 22ssv 340

You could do the rental and add in the upholstery attachment for the tight spots. You definitely won't get any type of full size machine in some of the tight pots around the engine. I've used the little green machine borrowed from a friend and it works well.

you should have better access if you take the doghouse out. i do that sometimes with the home vacuum. take the seat bases out and you can move in. :>)

detail shop does my carpet every year for $40. I drop it off, and then go to lunch. Pick up and let it dry in parking lot at work. Then everythings perfect when i get home.
    88 Supra Comp ts6m

Quote Originally Posted by dickboxers View Post
    detail shop does my carpet every year for $40. I drop it off, and then go to lunch. Pick up and let it dry in parking lot at work. Then everythings perfect when i get home.
    That's actually not a bad idea! Hmmmmmm

Haugy...did you do a thread on head units and remotes?? Im looking for it? Jet
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

A detail shop is likely to powerwash right? Especially if you are picking it up in an hour.

W wehen went to pick up dustys boat the carpet was almost bad enough to walk away from the deal. Dealer powerwashed it while we went to lunch and when we got back it was a day/night differences.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Haugy...did you do a thread on head units and remotes?? Im looking for it? Jet
    In the audio section towards the bottom of the forums on the main page.

I'll consider it, but it would need at least 24 hours to dry. And with me doing the tranny tomorrow night, and then hopefully a test run Friday, looks like I won't be pressure washing this week.

Well I had a lot of brown in my gray carpet and the normal hose pressure with a nozzle would make it look good while wet, but when it dried, it looked only moderatly better. I tried the pressure washer without any chemicals and WOW, what a difference. I was careful and started on a section that is under the drivers seat and on a lower setting. I gradually increased to the "general" setting on a 2700psi gas pressure washer. Kept the wand about 6-8" from the floor and it really worked well. By no means does it look brand new, but alot closer than it has ever been over the last several seasons and I didn't have to use any chemicals. Anyway, just thought I would share. Oh, and it did get crap everywhere, but I started near the helm and worked backward and everthing was washed into the bilge or off the back or sides with a regular hose pressure.

Dave
    2005 22 SSV GG