5 83.33%
  • Normal fit

1 16.67%
  • Don't buy from skiboatcovers.com at all

0 0%
  • Other (post in your reply)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm going to buy a new cover for my 2009 21V. It came with the snap on, but it has some holes and doesn't cover the whole boat.

I'm planning on buying from www.skiboatcovers.com and getting a sunbrella cover, in black.

He mentioned getting a "waterline" cover that goes down further to help protect the gelcoat from fading. It also covers the swim platform. The normal cover just goes over the rail and doesn't cover the swim platform.

Any advice or thoughts? I would like to be able to trailer with the cover on in case of bad weather, but probably on most occassions will not trailer with cover on (we go about 45 min each way to the lake, at 65 MPH).

Edit: forgot to mention, the boat is stored in my driveway, on the trailer, not at a dock.
    Last edited by pap; 06-29-2011 at 08:38 PM. Reason: as noted

I have a couple of thoughts...

I like the idea of more coverage, as the sides around the waterline is where my boat oxidizes the most.

- But -

If you ever need to install the cover while the boat is moored on a buoy (when you must do it from inside the boat), getting the cover on would probably get harder. Plus the cover will likely get wet.

If you never expect to actualy cover on the bouy, then go for the bigger cover.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

I don't believe that you can trailer with their covers. At least not for my old boat.

I'd FOR SURE get the waterline cover.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Do you have standard or waterline??
    2009 21V

i too have the snap cover and it works for the most part but I'd like a waterline, though i need to focus my funds on one project at a time (right now it's tower speakers and amp + second battery). My buddy who has a Malibu VLX has one and it looks great and he trailers with it about an hour each way every weekend. I haven't heard from him having any problems.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Edit: forgot to mention, the boat is stored in my driveway, on the trailer, not at a dock.
    same here...i'd get the waterline. i compounded mine a couple years ago and she already needs it again. next time i compound, i'm going to rig up a skirt that goes from rubrail to trailer frame. same story with teak swim platform, need to keep it covered.

I am really interested in buying a new cover, We are traveling to Detroit Lake MN. this summer for vacation and I want a great road cover. I am looking at the Sunbrella, highly breathable, with hull skirt. How well does the skirt trailer? Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I'm going to buy a new cover for my 2009 21V. It came with the snap on, but it has some holes and doesn't cover the whole boat.

I'm planning on buying from www.skiboatcovers.com and getting a sunbrella cover, in black.

He mentioned getting a "waterline" cover that goes down further to help protect the gelcoat from fading. It also covers the swim platform. The normal cover just goes over the rail and doesn't cover the swim platform.

Any advice or thoughts? I would like to be able to trailer with the cover on in case of bad weather, but probably on most occassions will not trailer with cover on (we go about 45 min each way to the lake, at 65 MPH).

How much are they charging you for a waterline cover? I'm thinking about one for my boat.

I actually forget what the final cost was - the waterline option was I think a couple hundred more. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and am expecting it hopefully here any day now.
    2009 21V

Got my bill today, was $1052 total.
    2009 21V