Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default drinking on the boat

I am just curious what rules you guys enforce on your boat. No drinking, beer only, allow hard alchol. Does the boat driver drink?

I always allow beer on the boat and I usually drink too. But with the holiday weekend coming up and the radio stated the CO's will be out, I am definettly gonna be the dd. It sucks but I guess that is responsibility. One time they actually had a "road block" exiting the sand bar where they breatherlized every driver, check registration and made sure you had all requirements in the boat. It sucks because I want to have a couple myself but too worried.

I go on a case-by-case basis. If I'm with my select few buddies that are ALWAYS out with me, I trust that they know what they're doing so I let them do what they want.
    If we're out doing strictly riding or skiing I might just say why don't we wait till we're done, so we avoid any accidents.
    If we're doing a mix of riding and hanging out on the water, I'm a little more lenient.
    If we're doing just hanging out, game on, who am I to say my friends can't enjoy their time on the water how they want.
    Where I live, I only have to worry about conservation police like 2 or 3 days out of the year so on those days (like this weekend) I'll be really careful and probably only have a beer or two.

I just think that we all have people that we trust, people that we want to entertain, and people that we've just downright never met before and don't know what to expect - just do what feels right and keeps you outta jail!

Dont let under 21 drink unless shes really hot (i'm 24 so its not creepy) haha. But being one of the few that actualy has gotten a BUI i try and lemit my intake. For the record the BUI was given when i was on a pontoon doing about 12 mph from one line of boats to another. But i try and inforce a dixie cup or atleast a full size coozi to lemit the exposure and avoid incident.

Yep, I drink, passengers drink. If you become a problem you are on the nearest spot of land. I don't drink much, just sip on a couple of beers. I have to normally watch out for all the other idiots too much.

Our lake is dry so its against the law and enforced especially if its obvious there is drinking on board. My wife and I don't drink on the boat for safety reasons when pulling. I don't have a problem if my guests drink as long as its kept discrete from the water patrol who wont think twice about throwing me in jail if they see open containers.

I stopped drinking anyways two years ago to set an example for my preteen kids.

I'm with Huagy. It is legal on the rivers as long as the driver doesn't. So I have a dd in expecting wife...

On lakes it is illegal, but we put it in cups and out of site and never had an issue, even when pulled alongside.

Just don't be stupid with it...How much all depends on where we are and how far of a drive. We tow 2 1/2 hrs sometimes, so then I cut way back on what I will have. (morning only). If staying at the lake, have at it.

One buddy was wasted one day. Made him call his dad to come and get his boat and tow it home. Not worth it.

Keep in mind, as owner, you are responsible for everyone....
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

No drinking on my boat, but we're a family affair. No disrepect to anyone else but we're out to enjoy ourselves and so long as you're safe and not obnoxious, have fun, but if you're unsafe or crude and disrespectful to others, well prepare to have a problem.
    2009 21V

Strict rule to never drink and ride. If we're out riding then that's the focus. There are to many other tards out that have zero boating experience and when you have a guy in the water I feel you need to be on your A game. But if were out to party in the playpen in chi town or sandbars we rip it hard. Blast the tunes and drink whatever.

My wife and myself dont drink .Because of that most people that go out with us dont drink.I dont have a problem with someone having a beer . The standing rule on my boats is IF YOU WANT TO GET DRUNK STAY HOME.

we drink on the boat. i am usually the driver so i never have much, maybe 3 or 4 beers all day but everyone else is welcome to have a good time as long as they are coherent enough to follow my instructions. we have only had anyone get drunk once and that was my sister a couple of weeks ago and even she wasnt that bad except she got in a fight with her fiance lol. we also usually have 20 oz coke bottles topped off with rum on the boat. you got to have rum if you are on the boat...
    Last edited by rdlangston13; 06-30-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?