Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any problems to watch for when buying a 2007 24SSV?

Hey guys!

I am hoping to purchase a 2007 Supra 24SSV. The boat has the Indamr 340 Cat in it. Are there any problem areas with this boat that I should watch out for?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I have an 07 22ssv with the same engine and it is prone to bad vapour lock issues in very hot weather due to the placement of the fuel pump. I imagine the 24 would also have similar issues...

You need a second fuel pump. It will fix all issues.

Besides the fuel pump issue, the Ballast fill and drain system on all '08 and older Supras were a joke. Unless the owner upgraded to Jabsco pumps or re-did the system you are almost guaranteed to have problems with it.

If the ballast is not important to you then it wont be a big deal. The ballast fill system uses sprinkler valves, and one RULE pump to fill all three bags, they are painfully slow, are always having issues, and require valves to be replaced.

Just be aware of this.... in '09 they went to the JABSCO pumps, a much better system.

In '08 they added a second fuel pump to help eliminate vapor lock.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by River Hill View Post
    You need a second fuel pump. It will fix all issues.
    Speaking of which, after recently contacting Rick Tinker as head CEO of Skier's Choice and advising him of the vapour lock problem I was experiencing with my Supra, he has offered to provide me with the second fuel pump at no cost despite my boat being outside of the standard warranty period.

I am just waiting for it to be delivered now and then I can get around to having it fitted. Here is hoping it fixes the problem once and for all.

Props to Mr Tinker and Supra for quality customer service and the professional way they looked after my problem. Quality service from a quality boat manufacturer prepared to back their product...All in all, I am one very happy customer.

That is awesome they are helping you out for free. It speaks a great deal about Supra and Skiers Choice.
    2008 Sunsport 22 V

fwiw, I have an 06 24 that I've put over 200 hours on and had vapor lock once. I run ethanol free as much as possible, though.

I don't think there is anything specific. Just do a solid look over and test drive.

RT, where are you located?
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    fwiw, I have an 06 24 that I've put over 200 hours on and had vapor lock once. I run ethanol free as much as possible, though.

I don't think there is anything specific. Just do a solid look over and test drive.

RT, where are you located?
    I am in College Station, Texas. I ride mostly on Lake Bryan, and will be in a 2007 Supra 24 SSV.

What about you?

I have an '05 Supra 24 SSV and have never had a vapor lock issue. I also don't have any problems with the sprinkler valve ballast system, although I do wish it was a bit faster, it always works well.
    2005 Supra Launch 24SSV

I've vapor locked a few times, now if I stop for 10min or more I open the engine hatch and that seems to really help.

I replaced the stock ballast system with Tsunami pumps and put 750's in the rear plus an extra 250 on the surf side.

Only advice I have is be aware of the size of the boat, its a beast especially if your used to a 21 or 22. Handling is a little slower and its heavier, but the 340 will help with performance.

Overall I love mine, the seating arrangement is awesome........but I do have my eye on a couple different 22's