Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I also haven't had any issues with the sprinkler valves (knock on wood) but they are slow.

Rt, I'm in Arkansas. I was just curious as to the market you were looking it. So it sounds like you ended up buying it? Let see some pics!!
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    I've vapor locked a few times, now if I stop for 10min or more I open the engine hatch and that seems to really help.

I replaced the stock ballast system with Tsunami pumps and put 750's in the rear plus an extra 250 on the surf side.

Only advice I have is be aware of the size of the boat, its a beast especially if your used to a 21 or 22. Handling is a little slower and its heavier, but the 340 will help with performance.

Overall I love mine, the seating arrangement is awesome........but I do have my eye on a couple different 22's
    Hey KY Steve,

How did you add the 250 to the Surfside? Do you just fill it up ontop of the 750? I would be interested in some pics. What other boats are you looking at?
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I also haven't had any issues with the sprinkler valves (knock on wood) but they are slow.

Rt, I'm in Arkansas. I was just curious as to the market you were looking it. So it sounds like you ended up buying it? Let see some pics!!
    Yes sir!

I am buying this baby. The seller was generous enough to let me take her home before all of the paper work was done. She is sitting in the driveway now, and so far I am very happy with it. Just looking at where I should start "upgrading" first. I will try to post some pics soon.
    Lake Bryan, TX

Quote Originally Posted by rtpaxton2 View Post
    Yes sir!

I am buying this baby. The seller was generous enough to let me take her home before all of the paper work was done. She is sitting in the driveway now, and so far I am very happy with it. Just looking at where I should start "upgrading" first. I will try to post some pics soon.
    Ok,

Here are a few pics... most of which were taken by her previous owner:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lake Bryan, TX

Saweet! Congrats on the purchase. We have an '06 and have put about 200 hours on it since Feb '10. No real issues here. We did change out the ballast pumps and have to keep an eye on the bolts that hold the prop shaft as they want to loosen with use. We haven't had any vapor lock issues, but we have the 8.1 liter motor. Overall a great boat. You're gonna love it.

Nice boat!

Did you get it from Maryland?
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Hey KY Steve,

How did you add the 250 to the Surfside? Do you just fill it up ontop of the 750? I would be interested in some pics. What other boats are you looking at?
    Right now I'm filling it manually on top of the 750. Trying to design a way to plumb it with the other sac, getting it emptied has been the challenge.

RZ2 and a VLX but I still like the seating arrangement better in my 24, thats whats keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Ok,

Here are a few pics... most of which were taken by her previous owner:
    Very nice, Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    Right now I'm filling it manually on top of the 750. Trying to design a way to plumb it with the other sac, getting it emptied has been the challenge.
    Check into the fly-high 3-way manifold.... I've installed a couple so that the pumps could be selected which bag to fill or empty.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Default 250 on top of 750

I have the bags sitting on top of each other in the surf side with plumbing. If it's just myself and 2 others I'll fill another bag manually with tsunami pump and put it halfway on the rear seat and swim deck, then the 2nd person in the boat sits on the swim deck.

I have a 07 22ssv so not sure how that would be with the 24 but it puts out a little above waist high wave with that setup.

I'll post some pics of the bag setup and plumbing later. Wasn't too hard to do and it works well. Just takes a long time to empty when we're headed back from surfing.
    07 22ssv 340