Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    Right now I'm filling it manually on top of the 750. Trying to design a way to plumb it with the other sac, getting it emptied has been the challenge.

RZ2 and a VLX but I still like the seating arrangement better in my 24, thats whats keeping me from pulling the trigger.
    I cant say much about the VLX, but the RZ2 is a very nice boat!! My previous boat was a Tige, and they make a good, strong boat. They go the extra mile and you will find a LOT of fiberglass in their boats. I was a little dissapointed with the Supra to find a lot of wood under the seats, and the sprinkler valve setup. I plan to ride this boat for a while, but suspect I will go back to a Tige... sorry Supra I guess the seating is personal preferance, but I like the wrap around hot tub seating more than the seat behind the drivers seat jutting out into the "walk area"
    2007 Supra 24 SSV 340 CAT
    Lake Bryan, TX

Quote Originally Posted by rtpaxton2 View Post
    I cant say much about the VLX, but the RZ2 is a very nice boat!! My previous boat was a Tige, and they make a good, strong boat. They go the extra mile and you will find a LOT of fiberglass in their boats. I was a little dissapointed with the Supra to find a lot of wood under the seats, and the sprinkler valve setup."
    I curious about all the wood under your seats? Everything under mine is synthetic, I believe PVC or uhmw type boards.

Dont get me wrong I love my Supra but also very impressed with how solid the Tige rides and feels. Unfortunately for me there is not one boat that I like everything about.

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    I curious about all the wood under your seats? Everything under mine is synthetic, I believe PVC or uhmw type boards.

Dont get me wrong I love my Supra but also very impressed with how solid the Tige rides and feels. Unfortunately for me there is not one boat that I like everything about.
    I have not pulled the carpet back to look. I am basing this off seeing a piece of 2X4 that was covered in glue near the front observer's seat. You had to be climbing into the forward storage compartment to see it. Maybe that was something the dealer did to fix something, not sure.

I agree with you on the Tiges and boat choices. My biggest complaint with Tige, that they seem to be coming around on now, is that the manufacturer was so sold on their hull shape and wake plate that they would not put ballast in the boats. If you look at their earier boats (2000ish), you will have trouble finding them with factory installed ballast. Even now I don't think that it is "standard" on any of their boats, you have to order it as an option. And in my opinion, when you are paying $70K for a boat, it better come with every option, the kitchen sink, and a wet bar with mini fridge!
    Lake Bryan, TX

Quote Originally Posted by rtpaxton2 View Post
    I am in College Station, Texas. I ride mostly on Lake Bryan, and will be in a 2007 Supra 24 SSV.

What about you?
    My family has a 2006 24 SSV and I have taken it to lake Bryan a few times, not sure if you have already been or not but make sure you are careful when backing it down that ramp, so you dont back off of it. When I put mine in, I put it all the way to where the trailer wheels are at the edge of the ramp in order to get the boat on the trailer right.

Im sure you already know this but my first time there i ended up about 2 inches from backing off the end of the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5012 View Post
    My family has a 2006 24 SSV and I have taken it to lake Bryan a few times, not sure if you have already been or not but make sure you are careful when backing it down that ramp, so you dont back off of it. When I put mine in, I put it all the way to where the trailer wheels are at the edge of the ramp in order to get the boat on the trailer right.

Im sure you already know this but my first time there i ended up about 2 inches from backing off the end of the ramp.
    I'm not sure how long ago you were out and had that problem. I know they have added some more concrete to the ramp because people were backing off of it and having to get wreckers out there to pull them out. I will say that Lake Bryan has the WORST ramp I have ever used! I would like to get some people together to petition the city to move the ramp closer to the entrance where it is not so blasted steep. Maybe try to get them to move it down to where the PWC are launching near the front dam.
    Lake Bryan, TX

Blaze,

Check your mailbox, I sent you a private message.
    Lake Bryan, TX

Agreed, it is a pretty terrible ramp but I dont have high hope of ever really getting that changed.