Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Bimini

Default Project Bimini

After moving to Georgia we have found you NEED a bimini or fry. Its been in the mid 90s and sunny for the past 3 weeks. With help from Mikeys and other posts I decieded to buy a standard bimini and modify it to connect to my tower without spending a fortune.
    Here is what I wanted to acheve

1- It has to look good not like a cheap add on.

2- It has to be compleatly removable it must mount to the tower with out any drilling.

3- It must be big enough to give some real shade [especially for the driver ].

4- It must be cost effective not 7-8 hundred dollars.

I think I got everything I was looking for. I bought the basic top from Iboats it was a close out $119 free shipping. The maine clamps came from DIY towers and the rest came from West Marine. The entire package cost just over $200 and took about 2-3 hours to modify and install. Whatch think?

All pics were taken at Lake Lanier 9am Sunday July 3 we were out at 7 one more hour and we will call it a day

That looks great.. The price is even better!!

Tough requirements, but mission accomplished - looks great. Now I'm even more motivated to find a way to make my original bimini work strapless.
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____

That looks really good. Does it fold up and stay on the tower with straps or did you make it so you take it off?

I only tow it 1/10 of a mile to the ramp so it just stays up. I am going to a Moomba reunion this weekend [100 miles] I will see if I can fold it and strap it to the tower or I will take it off .

Great work, I really think bimini's make these boats look complete

I checked out Iboats Sale.. but no matter how I went about it I couldn't get that deal you got!!! If I could it was dark blue
    Anyway I did get a bimini in black with all the tower mounts but I got 3bills invested from them

Looks great! That's something on my short-list as well. Could you give some close-ups of where the bimini is attached to the tower? The criteria for yours is that same I want for mine and I'd like to see how you did it.
    Clint
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by csuggs View Post
    Looks great! That's something on my short-list as well. Could you give some close-ups of where the bimini is attached to the tower? The criteria for yours is that same I want for mine and I'd like to see how you did it.
    Clint
    Ditto this. I have the exact same criteria and would like to see some close ups of how it attaches. Especially since we have very similar towers.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Nice job! I want to go strapless now as well-very clean looking!