Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rludtke View Post
    I took the inner fender boards off of my trailer to replace the axles and new Kodiac discs. They were rotting, so I planned to build new. Well I never got around to it. I haven't had any issues, and it makes maintenance and inspection so much easier. I don't ever intend to put them back on now.
    Really? I took mine off because they were rotten and even though I only tow a couple of miles per week, I always end up with tire spray all over the side of my boat! Gotta replace them!!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    Really? I took mine off because they were rotten and even though I only tow a couple of miles per week, I always end up with tire spray all over the side of my boat! Gotta replace them!!
    Huh, I don't get any spray on the boat. My old DHL trailer does have a lot of space between the axle flange and the boat, maybe that makes the difference.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

Trailer looks great. I would definitely put the fender skirts back on. Let the boat come in a little crooked and that steel fender will chew your boat up.

Quote Originally Posted by rludtke View Post
    I took the inner fender boards off of my trailer to replace the axles and new Kodiac discs. They were rotting, so I planned to build new. Well I never got around to it. I haven't had any issues, and it makes maintenance and inspection so much easier. I don't ever intend to put them back on now.
    Are you not concerned about debris from the road getting kicked up on the hull, or worse yet a stone doing damage to the hull?
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Rocks getting kicked up, and as someone mentioned already about coming in a bit crooked one day, you will regret not having them. They are there and are wood for a reason, to be rubbed on. Put them back on. Go cut you some 3/4 plywood, cover it with cheap black carpet, and done. A 2 hour job at most.