Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back!

Clermont, Fl (wakeboarding capitol of the world)

Default Welcome Back!

Sorry for the little "hiccup".

Server was hacked.

Kurt Jenkins worked his little hoofies to the quick.

Thank you Kurt!

e

Man...i was jonesin' pretty hard for it to come back up, haha.

Good work.

What exactly does "hacked" involve - email addresses and passwords exposed?

It was offline for days, I was concerned Supra went out of business as skierschoice.com was offline as well.
    2009 21V

Yeah I'd like to know a few more details as well since there has been a lot of "hacking" activity going on throughout the net with various websites/companies. Was any PII information exposed in the attack or was it just a DDos attack to bring down the servers?

Please elaborate a little as to what happened if you would.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale

No details -- Kurt may chime in:

This is what he told me on Wednesday:

Yes, unfortunately it got hacked to pieces. My isp is working on getting us a new server online late tonight and hopefully we can get everything migrated to the new box tomorrow
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Clermont, Fl (wakeboarding capitol of the world)

if you are not new to the boards, then you know we have gone through this a couple of times before.

Relax. Your personal info has not been comprimised.

Although, thanks to you guys I now have enough credit card numbers to buy me that new Audi A-4 Quatro I have been lusting after

My IP address at work is still banned here, can you please un-ban it? Thanks.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

As of 3:45 p.m. Central, Moomba forum is still down.

Hello all, sorry about the extreme downtime of the site.. The server was in fact hacked pretty good.. No PII personal information was compromised. The server was hacked to inflict a DoS (Denial of Service) attack on a company in Canada. The internet is such a wonderful place sometimes...

We had two options, format the old server and restore from back-up files or have a brand new server built and transfer all the sites to the new box.. We decided it was going to take about the same time so we chose to go with a brand new server.. Either way, moving 150GB+ across any network connection does go very fast...

We're still restoring content from back-up so parts of the site may still be effected.. Moomba is still off-line, but we hope to have it up and running before the end of the weekend..

JonyB, if you can go to http://myipaddress.com at work and email me your IP address to [email protected] I'll see that it gets removed from the blacklist..

kj

thanks for the confirm on the PII question. Appreciate it. Hope you get all things back up and running, I know it's a pain in the butt to deal with.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V - Currently for sale