Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a 2011 and just checked it and mine sits on the bunks. Same hull as your 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    Here's a pic of what is happening to the front of the boat - it's scratching the fiberglass.

I see no way short of major welding that the bowstop can be changed, but the bunks could be raised in the front to take weight off of the roller. I know others said their looks the same - do you get the scratching on the bow of the boat? Maybe I'm not putting in far enough?

If you're bow is lifting off the bunks, the bowstop is to blame. Since my trailer was rebuilt loading, unloading, and the fit to the trailer is perfect.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
    If you're bow is lifting off the bunks, the bowstop is to blame. Since my trailer was rebuilt loading, unloading, and the fit to the trailer is perfect.
    This makes sense. There have been a lot of posts on this BB about the Boatmate trailer's front guide stop. It sounds like it should be lowered to better fit the boat. This would be an easy project for a local welding shop.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

Cutting and moving that bow eye down is alot easier than you think.

Leave the boat on so you have it for measurement, and make sure when welding to use welding blankets to protect it.

I had to do the same thing on my Mariah, and it fits perfect now. And it was about a 1 hour job.

I don't want to seem rude, but given this trailer came from the factory with the boat, isn't it kinda crappy that I would have to be searching out a local shop to patch the unit? Does that make it weaker? The front strap is what holds the whole boat on the trailer and it makes me VERY nervous to think about cutting and welding that, especially with some of the "talent" we have in my small town.

edit: is this something that "any" welding shop should be able to do well? I know nothing about welding except I sometimes see cheap chinese products with crappy welds that look scary or stuff done by farmer joe down the road that looks equally as scary. Strength my #1 concern, but looking OEM and not ghetto a close second, especially if I ever want to sell.

And is my trailer just bad or is this a design issue that all 21Vs on this boatmate trailer have?
    Last edited by pap; 07-18-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    2009 21V

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    I don't want to seem rude, but given this trailer came from the factory with the boat, isn't it kinda crappy that I would have to be searching out a local shop to patch the unit? Does that make it weaker? The front strap is what holds the whole boat on the trailer and it makes me VERY nervous to think about cutting and welding that, especially with some of the "talent" we have in my small town.

edit: is this something that "any" welding shop should be able to do well? I know nothing about welding except I sometimes see cheap chinese products with crappy welds that look scary or stuff done by farmer joe down the road that looks equally as scary. Strength my #1 concern, but looking OEM and not ghetto a close second, especially if I ever want to sell.

And is my trailer just bad or is this a design issue that all 21Vs on this boatmate trailer have?
    Call Boatmate and talk to Customer Service. They're located in Maryville, TN, next door to Skier's Choice. I delivered my boat/trailer to them and had it repaired. That was a 6 hour trip, but it was well worth it. On the other hand, yes, any welding shop can do it, but make sure it's not some hackjob.
    07 Launch 24SSV Gravity Games
    My Install Gallery

On mine, granted it's 19 years old this year the entire section that the winch and the bow stop is bolted to the trailer frame with U bolts. Some where through the years the moved backwards and we had the same issue. I released tension and moved the assemble forward and inch and half and problem solved.

If anybody does this, be careful how much tongue weight you have.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot