Default Help-Cockpit cover and lots of rainwater into my Launch LTS!

The weather has finally gotten a bit drier up here in the northwest, so my two month old boat left the garage and moved to its moorage. One day we had very minor rain throughout the night. When I went to visit my boat there was a huge amount of water that had settled between the engine cover and rear hatch. I would guess it was easily ten gallons. If it had been a longer period of time, or greater rainfall, it would have been so much water I'm sure I would not have easily removed it. I ended up bailing most of it out, then lifted the cover until it poured over the side.

How can I go about making sure this does not happen again? Best case, my boat is gonna get a ton of water inside. Worst case-it's gonna tear the cover or pull the snaps out of the hull or cover and then dump a ton of water into the boat.

Someone mentioned poles to support the cover in certain locations. Was my boat supposed to have these poles and I'm just missing them? The only poles i've found were for the anchor light. If did not include cover support poles, what would you recommend? I can't keep the thing out of the rain, I live in Seattle! If it did not come with poles, can someone recommend a solution? My boat is a 2004 Supra Launch LTS.

Thanks for your help!!

John

Default Replying to Topic 'Help-Cockpit cover and lots of rainwater

Yes you were suppose to have poles supporting the cover, please contact your dealer and he'll get them for you. Best Regards, Jay Warren

Default Replying to Topic 'Help-Cockpit cover and lots of rainwater

Toby at Salem Watersports mailed out the poles yesterday. Thanks Toby.