Default More on the new tow rig...

I had posted a couple pics on the AWD/4WD thread. Thought I would post some more and add some info.

2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ

We purchased this one to replace our F-150 Supercab. We've been wanting 4 doors for a while. Some of you may remember the Dodge we brought home during winter. That deal fell through...dealership had offered a good finance rate that sealed the deal for me. When they couldn't get it "bought" I exercised my right to take it back and unwind the deal.

We've been looking since then and decided to look more aggressively lately and consider used since new is just out of range for us right now and incentives aren't that great. We ended up buying from Car Max and I gotta say I would highly recommend them. The pricing is so straightforward and is very "fair". The whole process is easy and absolutely no pressure.

From a follow up standpoint, this is where I feel they shine. After we had the truck a few days we noticed three key problems.

1. Paint issue: It appears the truck has had both driver side doors repainted. There were drips and sags in the paint in several areas and clearcoat peeling real close to the door mouldings. These were tough to see, but when washing it were noticed.

2. Driver side mirror: Mirror glass vibrated at highway speeds.

3. Exhaust: Sounded like a leak on the bottom of the manifold of connection to the front of the pipe.

We brought these up with Car Max and to make a long story short, they fixed ALL of it. Pretty stand up for a used dealer, if you ask me.

So, on to some pictures and info. Below are some pictures from about a week ago right after a wash. The pain repair resulted in us being able to debadge the truck. Car Max actually took care of this on the side that was painted and even had them removed on the other side. I removed the rest of the smaller ones that were still left. The headlights were hazy and so I polished them. Turns out they are scratched. Looks like the PO took a green scotch-brite to them or something. We decided to buy some new aftermarket lights with halos, projectors and some LED effects. We've gotten the windows tinted and I've worked on a few of the rock chip areas and a couple scratches, filling them and wetsanding, then polishing. We pretty much have everything looking good and wil be doing a full exterior polish and wax in the next week or so. I plan on doing a couple fun modifications for now and then seeing what I want to do after that. So far we really like the truck. It does well running around town, and towing. It's nice with all the creature comforts it has.

Here are the pics...I'll post more after we have the new headlights.

killer ride! likin the wheels/tires...Michelins are the bomb.
    They should be on every vehicle period - good good tires...
    very nice rig!
    05' Launch 22SSV
    Saepe Expertus - Semper Fidelis - Fratres Aeterni

Thanks. Yeah, I like the nice wheels Chevy does for the high end vehicles. I've always been a fan of the 5 spoke type design. I got my first headlight mod done last night and about to do the other. Once I get the new lights it will work well. I'm setting it up so the DRL's stay on when it switches over to headlights. I also want the fog lights to be able to be on all the time, even when you flip on your brights. With the new lights and bulbs I'm planning to put in them it should look really cool.

I priced the OEM LTZ wheels for my burb... Crazy HIGH!!!! so - I slapped on some KMC Clones in black and the Michelin ATX 20" ( like a 34" tire dia.) Love love em! they last forever and they ride as good or better than the 17"s that I had- it's the only brand tire I'll run on my own trucks...
    05' Launch 22SSV

Here are some new pictures. Debadged, black bowties, DRL mod and fog light mod.

Where'd you get the black bowties? I need some for the Burb. Stealthy!
    05' Launch 22SSV

I just painted them Tim. You can use Rustoleum Direct Plastic or Krylon Fusion paint.

Here's some more pictures of the aftermarket headlights with the LED bulbs.