Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Ok. I give. That's VERY cool! How did you do that?

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Titan, I printed some Supra logos the size I wanted and also printed them mirrored image and then taped the paper to the acrylic. Then I used a Dremel Electric Engraver and traced the image onto the acrylic. You can buy the Dremel tool for $20 at home depot. I think its a great investment because it can be used on almost all types of materials from metal to leather.

That's a very cool idea. I'm going to remember that one.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

You could also make a template out of something and find a chemical that would etch (not melt) the acrylic and get the same or similar affect. Looks pretty cool and I like the idea.

So I got a call from the guy doing my stringers and floor repair. He wanted to let me know that he got the floor up and all the foam out. He also wanted to let me know it was gong to take more work than what he had quoted me for. It erks me that he wanted more money because I told him what it was going to take when we first talked. But you know, what can I do, its still cheaper than anybody else around here.
    So I went up to his shop and checked out the progress and snap a few pictures.

After meeting with him I went home to blow off some steam by working on other parts of the boat. So I sanded took the old teak trim pieces and started to sand, clean, brighten and oil...

On Friday night Monster Jam came to The Time Warner Cable Arena here in Charlotte and my wife bought 3 tickets for the family to go. Shes so nice

If anyone ever wants those acrylic pieces engraved, just let me know. I've got a laser engraver and it could do those perfectly in about 10 minutes.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what kind of fiberglass I could use that is maliable around edges and corners? and where i can get it? Im planning on wrapping all the wood seat bases in fiberglass so I can paint them and hopefully they will stay in tact for a much longer period of time.
    Thanks

Hit up uscomposites.com they have everything you need fiberglass wise

I though you asked where to get the stuff my bad. A 6oz cloth might do what you want? I am using a 10oz on my floor and it seems to form decent