Default help with purchase 2010 supra sunsport 21v

this will be my first boat (if i purchase) and i just want to make sure i make a good decision. im looking at a 2010 sunsport 21v at the dealer that has never been titled. it has the cat 340 and all the options i could ever want. i have been learning to wakeboard the last couple years but im most interested in wakesurfing. will this boat work for this with the stock ballast or am i going to have to upgrade? any thoughts would be appreciated.

Almost any boat is going to require additional weight to get a real solid surf wave. Yes you can surf without upgrading but its not ideal. Supra is one of the easiest boats to upgrade ballast on, though! Just need to order a larger sack and they swap right out.

I don't believe the 21v is the ideal surf boat of the Supra line but I believe others have made a great wave with it. Someone else can chime in here. The 21v is, however, the cleanest wake for wakeboarding in the Supra lineup, imo!
    2006 Supra 24SSV

You can definitely surf the 21V. The wave will have some of the same characteristics of the wake boarding wake. It will produce a pretty steep face that does not stretch out real far, but gives you a nice big face to surf. I almost prefer it to other boats, but might be cause I am used to it. Here is how I try to set it up.
    Rear compartment - Upgrade to a 650 sac or even better plumb a ball valve off the existing intake and run a hose to another bag on the seat. Fill the factory bag and then flip the valve and fill another bag on the seat. Move all your people and extra weight to that side of the boat.
    Center ballast - I have never had good luck filling it full. I know most say fill it and get a longer wave, but I have had washing issues if I do it. I always run half full on the front and adjust the wake plate until you have it nice and clean.
    Speed- 10-11 MPH

Here are some pics of the line we plumbed with a simple ball valve. Just ran the ballast longer and fills and empties normal. I also could put a hose nozel on it and use it as a hose/shower. I made the line long enough to fill a bag anywhere in the boat.
    Either way you don't need to make these simple upgrades, but do get a larger bag for the back for sure. It will make you much happier

Quote Originally Posted by jonno View Post
    this will be my first boat (if i purchase) and i just want to make sure i make a good decision. im looking at a 2010 sunsport 21v at the dealer that has never been titled. it has the cat 340 and all the options i could ever want. i have been learning to wakeboard the last couple years but im most interested in wakesurfing. will this boat work for this with the stock ballast or am i going to have to upgrade? any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Not trying to downgrade the 21V, I am a previous Supra owner and always speak highly of the brand. Have heard great things about the 21V for wakeboarding.... it sounds like the surf wake is "decent"...

However, there are a couple other boats I would recommend you look at if you are strictly interested in surfing. The TIGE RZ2, and the Supreme 226 are GREAT surf boats. They are a little larger than the 21V. I have personally surfed behind the Supreme and it throws an awesome wake with very little ballast upgrade. We were at a clinic with Chase Hazen the #1 surfer in the world right now and he was shredding behind the Supreme 226. His comment about the wake was "amazing"..... they are priced around $55k. The Tige RZ2 is also a fantastic surf boat, but much higher priced than the Supreme. I believe Supreme actually sells a "surf" edition now properly weighted right off the showroom floor.

I do not own a Supreme, but if you are looking for a boat primarily for surfing make sure and look at all your options before making a major purchase.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

I have a 21v and surfing is easy with stock ballast and firs timer free ride easy with the $180 1100 lb bag upgrade. .......I bought the boat as it has one of if not the steepest entry angles at the bow and one of if not the highest bows of all the wakeboat lines. Neither I or any of my drivers have ever burried the bow into a wake which is one of the reasons i bought this boat. i like a dry boat
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug