Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by rkmfl View Post
    Jamie,
    In my reply, I was agreeing with your post and I believe I've stated all of your points in my positive-v-negative summary.

The #2 link you sent appears to go to: http://www.rivalindustry.com/download.htm -- however, that site does not appear to be online any longer. Can you post more information on what you were thinking?

Also, I'm not sure if you read the entire reply, but my remaining concerns with using aerator pumps being that I'll only have *one* thru-hull intake, and I don' believe there will be any speed difference when running 3 pumps off that single intake.

I'm not sure, but there may also be other issues with running aerator pumps on a shared-intake, being that they do not hold the water like the vein/reversible pumps?

I can tell your suggestion is based on experience, I'm just trying to curtail that suggestion to my situation where I'd like to keep a single intake.

Thanks again for the great info!
    -RKM
    The #2 link you sent appears to go to: http://www.rivalindustry.com/download.htm -- however, that site does not appear to be online any longer.

Rival is out of business. I based my system on their concept. If you read the rest of the thread, I go into detail with diagrams, photos, links to online suppliers and explanations. It's possible that you can't see the pictures unless you are logged in to Wakeboarder.com, so you may have to create a profile if you don't have one.

Also, I'm not sure if you read the entire reply, but my remaining concerns with using aerator pumps being that I'll only have *one* thru-hull intake, and I don' believe there will be any speed difference when running 3 pumps off that single intake. I did read the reply.... There is no problem with that. An inch and quarter intake will provide 3 pumps with unlimited water... ESPECIALLY if you use a scoop intake (which you should). If you really want to speed things up, drive the boat while filling.

I'm not sure, but there may also be other issues with running aerator pumps on a shared-intake, being that they do not hold the water like the vein/reversible pumps? Nope. No issues whatsoever.

First, to DOCDRS - based on the other posts, it sounds like you have a 3x JABSCO system, is that correct? Are you running these on relays like Jaime mentioned? If not, have you found something that's allieviated the issue (heavy-duty switches, etc?)

Jaime - Thank you for the reply re:Aerator pumps. I did read everything, but did not see the graphics becaus I'm not a member. I've signed-up, but have to wait for admin approval before I can use it.

I'm still not sure what size the stock intake is on the Launch 21v. Once I get it back from the shop, I can have a look. It sounds like a 1" might not support the TSUNAMI's but from what you've said, the 1.25" will be fine.

Another option that is inexpensive for the Aerator, would be something more like a stock-upgrade. For example, a 3800GPH RULE + Irritrol 700's to replace the valves.

This is the least expensive of all options, and would allow me to avoid some of the issues I'm worried about with Aerator pumps (eg- vent loops). What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance!
    RKM

Quote Originally Posted by jclose8 View Post
    Flexible impeller, reversible pumps are SLOW..... Unless you are REALLY opposed to it, I'd opt for a aerator pump system.
    I disagree.....http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=14074

However, if i didn't have the jabsco system I would seriously consider this http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=10193

Last edited by docdrs; 07-27-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by rkmfl View Post
    First, to DOCDRS - based on the other posts, it sounds like you have a 3x JABSCO system, is that correct? Are you running these on relays like Jaime mentioned? If not, have you found something that's allieviated the issue (heavy-duty switches, etc?)

Jaime - Thank you for the reply re:Aerator pumps. I did read everything, but did not see the graphics becaus I'm not a member. I've signed-up, but have to wait for admin approval before I can use it.

I'm still not sure what size the stock intake is on the Launch 21v. Once I get it back from the shop, I can have a look. It sounds like a 1" might not support the TSUNAMI's but from what you've said, the 1.25" will be fine.

Another option that is inexpensive for the Aerator, would be something more like a stock-upgrade. For example, a 3800GPH RULE + Irritrol 700's to replace the valves.

This is the least expensive of all options, and would allow me to avoid some of the issues I'm worried about with Aerator pumps (eg- vent loops). What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance!
    RKM
    Mine is the oem GIII and I believe there is an ingrated relay timer autoshutoff module for each pump beside beside it. All 3 of my pumps and timer/relay/auto off are mounted at the back of the port locker.

Note you can only use a scupper if you have a valve system such as the irritrol or sprinkler valves
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    I disagree.....http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=14074

However, if i didn't have the jabsco system I would seriously consider this http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=10193

Good info!! I hadn't seen either of those threads. My comparison was actually to simer pumps, not Jabscos. Maybe jabscos are quite a bit faster.

I like those straight through sprinkler valves too. The design of most valves is exactly why I use the main RV valve. Most sprinkler valves have a tremendous amount of restriction.

DOCDRS - This is excellent information, thank you. I've probably spent an hour on the Moomba forum after you mentioned it, there is a lot of great information over there on ballasts.

I'm going to contact SC and determine whether there is a part-number to your ballast relay/timer box. If so, I'd be able to purchase that and run a much cleaner system.

Based on one of the threads someone linked earlier in this thread, JesseC's super-pump ballast idea (3800 GPH Rule Aereator pump + 1.25" Pipe Manifold + Irritrol 700 (UltraFlow) Valves) would require 9.33 minutes, where as the three JABSCO's require 4.84 minutes.

Once you boil everything else down, it sounds like it's a simple decision between two options:
    GIII Imitation - 3 JABSCO/Johnson pumps w/Relay controller
    Upgraded Manifold - Larger Aerator pump + Better Sprinkler Valves

The trick to determining whether the GIII is the way to go, depends on the price/availability of that relay box that comes stock with the GIII system, so that it can be done correctly. Also, whether the Johnson pumps include that new "Run Dry" circuit the Jabscos have, which protects the impeller.

On a side-note, I noticed Moomba owners get a discount @WakeMakers. Is there a special Supra owner's coupon code as well, heheh?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts,
    -RKM

you can get the moomba code supra is a SC product....join the forum and list your boat....call jason at wakemakers , if you can get ahold of him and see if the relay he sells has the auto shut off
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

My direct-drive boat (which I have not yet sold) is a Moomba and I've been a long-time member of the forum. My Supra Launch is my new upgrade.

I was only referring to the coupon code they have, for "Moomba Owners", half joking, that they should have a "Supra Owners" too!

I'm hoping to buy the same relay assembly you have from SC rather than buying those from WakeMakers. I'll buy everything else from them, but I prefer the stock electronics depending on the pricing.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the 3x Johnson reversible pumps. I'm still not sure whether they have the "run dry" protection the new Jabsco's have, however.