Default Saltare SwimPlatform

Hey guys,
    So the winter has arrived and it is time to tackle the stringer floor repair. I am taking the boat to a local place to have the stringers and floor redone. While everything is out I want to get in there and add some stuff. The first thing I want to address is the stupid swim platform mounting idea. On my 87 Saltare the teak deck is mounted to aluminum brackets which are directly bolted through the hull. This is an invoncience when trying to park in a garage among other things. So my question is,
    Have any of you tried to make this paltform removable? I have thought that maybe I could buy some of the brackets off a newer boat and just use them instead of the original. Any ideas? Best boat to get mounts from? Best dealer to get them through? or any other helpful inisght would be great

Thanks,
    Will Speed

Mine is removable on my 89 Sunsport. You might look into getting some of that vintage as a idea.

have you seen OJ's fold-down platform?.... http://www.ojprops.com/products/fold...atform_bracket

that site doesn't say much about the hardware that comes with it.

My 89 Sunsport has factory removable brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    My 89 Sunsport has factory removable brackets.
    Thats exactly what I want. id like to get rid of the teak and put a fiberglass platform on with the removal brackets. Any idea where I can get those brackets?

My Saltare originally had the same style brackets as MH's Sunsport, but they were worn, cracked, and previously poorly repaird. I picked up a set of newer style brackets and bases from Jim @ Viper Customs. There are a couple of different angles available, but the ones for my 89 Salt are stamped SEF-4402
    _______________89 Saltare Resto Project___________
    _________Then________________________Now_____