Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    WARNING LABEL: WATCH OUT!! 3-of us rode behing on last night..and all 3-of us are hurt!! I have small concussion, small left foot sprang and tore my shoulder acl a little more and cant lift my arm up over my head much. Bobby-hurt shoulder/stephen-hurt leg. "I will crrush you" movie quote?? Rocky is right!! this wake will crrush you. Use the Med setting for boarding. lol. You will like the wedge-xoxo check out the wake between 15-19 mph no white wash, the fly-by-wire steering wheel is weird..you get zero feed back from rutter or cable. It feels like a toy, lol. But you will love her. Your looks awsome!!
    Malibu does not use a fly-by-wire steering wheel, they do use a fly-by-wire throttle, this is why its like butter when you put it in gear. The steering system uses a standard cable set-up. One of the great things about the malibu is the quad hard tank ballast system, totally user friendly for all levels of riders. Sounds like you guys went full tilt, with full ballast and wedge.... this will launch you if you are not ready for it!
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    Malibu does not use a fly-by-wire steering wheel, they do use a fly-by-wire throttle, this is why its like butter when you put it in gear. The steering system uses a standard cable set-up. One of the great things about the malibu is the quad hard tank ballast system, totally user friendly for all levels of riders. Sounds like you guys went full tilt, with full ballast and wedge.... this will launch you if you are not ready for it!
    We spent the weekend at Smith Mountain Lake and had a blast. I had to do a lot of low speed turns and defiantly felt feedback in the steering. A lot more feedback than I am accustom too with my Supra. Of course, we burned through about 70 gallons of fuel rather quickly and pricey.
    2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247LSV

Quote Originally Posted by WadsworthSunsport22V View Post
    We spent the weekend at Smith Mountain Lake and had a blast. I had to do a lot of low speed turns and defiantly felt feedback in the steering. A lot more feedback than I am accustom too with my Supra. Of course, we burned through about 70 gallons of fuel rather quickly and pricey.
    The 247 is a huge boat, and heavy... not surprised you feel it in the wheel, lot of weight pushing on the steering/rudder system. Have you joined "Malibu Crew" yet? Good group of people, and a wealth of knowledge on these boats. Hope you are enjoying the 247...
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    The 247 is a huge boat, and heavy... not surprised you feel it in the wheel, lot of weight pushing on the steering/rudder system. Have you joined "Malibu Crew" yet? Good group of people, and a wealth of knowledge on these boats. Hope you are enjoying the 247...
    Yes, I am on the Malibu crew too "midlothianwakesetter" is me. Love the 247, wish I purchased it at the beginning of the season!
    2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247LSV