Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes it does, but not by much. We're talking inches. The Saltare is deep. And when I think about the back of the Rider, I definitely think the Saltare is deeper. But it's been about 8 years since I drove a Rider. And I only drove it for two days.

You're right, the length throws it off. The Saltare's bow is substantially larger than the Rider's. Since it's stretched out it looks more sleek, like a lower profile. I haven't seen them side by side, but from what I remember about the rider is that it was mid thigh deep (I"m 5'10"). The Saltare is the same.

i have an 87 marauder beast. Amazing boat except for the closed bow. it is a 20 footer though and handles wakes with ease. even in coastal water.

I love the freeboard in my Saltare. I believe that my wife loves it more than I do as she does not have to worry about the boys falling out of the boat! She rides beautifully with a deep vee hull and she makes sweeping cuts through the wake. She is sweet on flat water! She will not however cut on a dime due to the length and deep vee hull. The 454 will let her get up and go. I have included a few shots. Thanks to all of those that post on here as I am looking to add an inverter for a second battery, dock lights in the hull, LED lights under the swim platform with a halogen light as well, LED lights in the interior, and a MPI fuel injection unit as a long term project. I appreciate all of your input! Thank you!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

According to the old owners manual...sunsports have a deeper V than a saltare by 10"

And what about the Rider?

No idea...anyone got an owners manual?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    According to the old owners manual...sunsports have a deeper V than a saltare by 10"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptownkid View Post
    No idea...anyone got an owners manual?

According to the owners manual.......anybody got one? What the hell? What are you reading to get 10", and then need to reference one?

And I highly doubt 10" of difference between the two.

He asked about the rider...which is not in the 1990 owners manual. It clearly states that the sunsport is 48" amidship and the Saltare is 38"

What is the midship point? I personally have not been in a Sunsport, but that Saltare I believe is a lot deeper than 38" at it's deepest point of the hull which is I believe before the midship point (my guess). Please take a look at the two pictures that I added which shows how deep this deep vee is in the front of the hull. The Saltare hull comes up perhaps before the midship point, but is very deep before that point which allows for great cutting through the wake, but then flattens out in the center of the boat for the better wake behind the boat. Does that make sense? I am new to this as well. Thanks for your consideration!
    Attached Images Attached Images