Hybrid View

Default Tower Speakers Suck

I just bought a 2011 242 Launch ....It came with the Roswell Tower Speaker Light combo... After only a week I noticed the rubber area on all of the left speakers had cracks and small splits in them... It appeard to be dryrotted.... The second thing is why doesn't Roswell offer any better speakers to upgrade to that will hold more power... I am in the process of fabing plates to put the Wetsound 6 1/2 that hold 100 RMS per speaker....... I really expected better out of a 80 k boat.... I love the boat but the stereo is far from what I expected it to be for that kind of money...

I also have problem with the amp that are installed heating up a cutting out... I had way more power in my 2002 Launch and it never kick out.... I guess they are asking one amp to do way to much in driving all the in boat speakers and a sub...

Sorry I am just venting.....

Interesting to hear a couple corners may have been cut, hopefully that apparent dry rot is just a defect of your particular boat. Sorry to hear all this

That roswell combo is junk. I bet they start offering wetsounds from the factory next year -- just like every other manufacturer has started doing.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

You'd think they would have done it with their new "flagship" model

That's what you get for buying new. Just kidding. Yeah if I'm dropping $80k, you better be damn sure everything is up to spec.

That sucks man. Skiers does a TERRIBLE job on ttheir stereos. I started swapping speakers out and ended up rewireing the whole boat. An 80k boat should come with top of the line interiors and your choice of HLCDs or strong coaxials.

Arrrre they puting a box on the their sub yet?

Sorry for the hassle. I can promise you a day and night difference if you make some swaps.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Quote Originally Posted by PATROLW871 View Post
    I just bought a 2011 242 Launch ....It came with the Roswell Tower Speaker Light combo... After only a week I noticed the rubber area on all of the left speakers had cracks and small splits in them... It appeard to be dryrotted.... The second thing is why doesn't Roswell offer any better speakers to upgrade to that will hold more power... I am in the process of fabing plates to put the Wetsound 6 1/2 that hold 100 RMS per speaker....... I really expected better out of a 80 k boat.... I love the boat but the stereo is far from what I expected it to be for that kind of money...

I also have problem with the amp that are installed heating up a cutting out... I had way more power in my 2002 Launch and it never kick out.... I guess they are asking one amp to do way to much in driving all the in boat speakers and a sub...

Sorry I am just venting.....
    Hey - I know this is an old thread but couldn't help myself from chiming in. Not fair to dump on Roswell for this one....back in the day, Skiers insisted on Roswell using Kenwood components so the factory Phoenix Gold stuff was replaced. So what you ended up with was Roswell cans without their standard factory components. You should give their Marine Audio stuff a look now - two years of R&D has produced some AMAZING stuff.

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/series_rma/
    Seve22Xmen
    2006 21V Launch
    Sherwood Park, AB, Canada