Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Old school and new school head to Centerhill Lake this past weekend. Only pics I got as I was too busy enjoying myself. Boat ran and looked good though. Got a lot of compliments and looks at the restaurant when I fired it up, and got everyone's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Dtha..man thats alot of people in that comp. Hey what underwater leds do you have??
    I think there was 12 people total in the boat, there were two more sitting on the bow. I was too scared to go any faster than putting, wish I did now just to see the wake.

There are two bullet lines x600's and one shadow caster scm10. If I were to do it over again I wouldn't even bother with the bullet lines, they were a waste of time and money. Here's a pic with just them in.

Haugy, I love the new Saltare. Do you have any better pictures closer up of how/where the New Dimension tower mounts? Would be nice to get one for mine, and with how I think it mounts from your pics, I wouldnt' even have to have my cover modified to fit it. Not that it's in my budget at the moment but if I stumble on some money for next season it would be nice to get boards off the floor!

haugy...curious about something. I noticed you do the same on your Salt as the Mariah with the rear strap. Why do you go all the way over the boat rather than using two straps on the back hooks? Does it work better for keeping the back end of the boat stable?

Yall check out these projection led's. $72-$108 for 4-6 of them. Im looking at them real hard right now.

http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-spotlight
    89' Comp rebuild thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...1923456&type=3

89' Comp Mod's and fun pic's:
    https://www.facebook.com/andrewjetm/...6666464&type=3

89' Supra/Custom Tower & Interior/Swivel Racks
    4 Blade-14X14/1600 lbs Ballast
    Roswell Bar/Led's/Krypt 6.5 HLCD's/Krypt 4200 Eq
    JL-Kicker Amps 2000 Watts/Kicker Interiors/L7 Kicker Sub

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    haugy...curious about something. I noticed you do the same on your Salt as the Mariah with the rear strap. Why do you go all the way over the boat rather than using two straps on the back hooks? Does it work better for keeping the back end of the boat stable?
    Many reasons.
    1) To put a strap to the swim platform on my Mariah and Saltare I'd have to fish it behind the platform. And since the tiedowns are farther back then the platform, when I tighten them down, they will be snug up against the platform. But if I hit a major bump and the boat wants to move the platform will be the first thing to give out. It could probably handle a few tugs, but I would rather not weaken the bolts to the hull, or the platform itself.
    2) By doing it this way allows me to really tighten down the strap to ensure there is no movement. When I put it on at the ramp, it's only a 1 mile ride home at most. I don't strap it, I'm just careful. But traveling on interstates and highways, I strap it down solid for no movement. You can also see a bowline pulling the bow eye down to the trailer to ensure no bouncing from the bow either. Bow rope to pull it down, the stern strap to ensure everything is tight. Boat won't bounce, or move, unless all hell breaks loose.
    3) Keeps the rear hatch closed which with a good bounce can pop open and out go my lifejackets.

Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Yall check out these projection led's. $72-$108 for 4-6 of them. Im looking at them real hard right now.
    http://www.oznium.com/marine-led-spotlight
    I prefer the floods for the boat, the spots might be better for the underwater usage. Keep in mind that water is ocean water, not lake.

Quote Originally Posted by haugy View Post
    Old school and new school head to Centerhill Lake this past weekend. Only pics I got as I was too busy enjoying myself. Boat ran and looked good though. Got a lot of compliments and looks at the restaurant when I fired it up, and got everyone's attention.

RE: Old VS. New

Huaghy. That Malibu is cool but your Salt. gets my vote. Still liking your tower. The forward facing towers just don,t look right IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bdumas35 View Post

Huaghy. That Malibu is cool but your Salt. gets my vote. Still liking your tower. The forward facing towers just don,t look right IMO.
    I couldn't agree more! Haugy your boat looks very nice and clean, especially next to that Bu.

Thanks haugy...I may have to copy that for long trips. Mine don't put a lot of pressure on the swim deck and my drive to the lake is typically about 5 miles or so.

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    Haugy, I love the new Saltare. Do you have any better pictures closer up of how/where the New Dimension tower mounts? Would be nice to get one for mine, and with how I think it mounts from your pics, I wouldnt' even have to have my cover modified to fit it. Not that it's in my budget at the moment but if I stumble on some money for next season it would be nice to get boards off the floor!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdumas35 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KY Steve View Post
    I couldn't agree more! Haugy your boat looks very nice and clean, especially next to that Bu.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it. Trying to get some Video and ON water shots soon. Cadunkle, I'll try and get you some pics that you can use this weekend.