Default Our new 2007 Supra 22SSV - Couple issues

Hello All! Glad to have found this forum shortly after the purchase of our new to us 2007 Supra 22SSV. Boat has 300 hours on it and is in pretty nice condition overall. Of course we had a few hiccups in the beginning, a couple we are still trying to sort out. Had some audio system woes and got all that fixed and corrected (bad amp, horrible wiring job). Cleaned her up real good and fixed a couple of small vinyl issues and she is looking great! We LOVE the boat and our family has been having a blast getting into boarding and surfing!

My main concerns are as follows. The boat tripped a check engine warning on our maiden voyage (go figure)! All seems well, the boat runs strong as an ox and does not miss a beat. All gauges seem good so we have just been watching it carefully. Planning a trip to a shop next week to get it scanned and see what tripped it.

Tonight we went out for a short run, about an hour. Midway in the run after coming down from 20-25mph to 3-5mph a "Low Oil Pressure Threshold" warning came on, if memory serves correct the warning indicated 14psi. Of course I freaked out, shut her down and then fired it up again. Oil pressure on the gauge was 25 at idle and moved up in the low 40's on the throttle. To me, this seemed ok. I am just curious what could cause this and if this has been an issue on the Indmar Assault 325? Of course we will get it looked at but I wanted to ask you owners your thoughts.

Also, just replaced a bilge pump near the ski locker area as I found it was not working. Later found a blown breaker, could not find the breaker before replacing so it got a new pump anyway. The old was was nasty and it looked as if water had been in there for a little bit. I completely emptied it when I did the work. Tonight on our first ride after it being empty I pulled back into the dock and the bilge kicked in. Checked and there was more water in there, we did not take any over the bow. Looking through some posts on here it seems as if water does get into this area for a lot of owners. Just wanted to confirm what I would guess is 5 gallons or so being pumped out is normal. How does it get in there? Any cause for concern?

Lastly, can I trust this Indmar being serviced with a quality local marine repair facility or should I stick to a dealer only? I assume most shops would have diagnostic equipment to check this out.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. For sure will get things checked out, just looking for opinions and can hopefully ease my concerns until I can get it in the shop next week.

Great forum, happy to have joined and more than happy to own our Supra!

Your water is prob from your propshaft seal. Not sure if its a dripless or packing that can be tightened. The engine code readers are MEFI V. So the shop needs a reader not OBD. Download a manual off this ste and read it they have a lot of basic info in them. Congrats on the boat let's see a pic
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Ah the wonders of computers and sensors and warning lights...they can be very helpful, or really, really annoying. More than likely it's just a dirty, or flaky sensor, but best to get it checked out of course.

All the best.

If you have the CAT ETX motor, your code might be the 02 sensor. Indmar is now updating the ECM with new software to eliminate the CAT 02 sensor from tripping the service required prompt. They are very sensitive, your dealer should be able to load the new software update on the ECM so you wont have this issue (assuming it is the 02 sensor). My '08 tripped a sensor with 2 hours on the engine. You wont do any damage to the motor running it with the 02 sensor tripped.

As far as the water in bilge, I agree with doc, possibly could be the propshaft seal... do you have the dripless seal? My '08 needed replacement at 230 hours, I was having the same symptoms with water in bilge. I put it on a fake-lake and after about 5 minutes of run time it started to drip and leak. You will also get water in the bilge from the ice chest draining, and skiers getting in and out of boat, life vests in ski lockers, etc... everything drains down into bilge. So if you have a lot of activity on the boat it might be from these other items I listed.

Another item to check is do you have a hotwater shower? If the head is left opened you will get a lot water spraying out of it going into bilge area... just another item to check, I had this happen this year on my VLX...
    Last edited by Fman; 08-14-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Thanks for the replies guys.

As for the water leak... I took some advise here and started to look at the dripless seal while in motion and was not able to see any leaking there. It appears that the problem is the rudder seal or assembly. I can see a steady drip coming from it just while sitting at the dock. I will be looking at having this repaired and see if the problem goes away. I will report how that goes in the next few weeks once the repair is made.

As for the check engine... Same thing, we have a service scheduled at the end of the month so we'll see what tripped it. I agree with Ptownkid on this too, sensors can be very helpful, but still very annoying.

We had another warning go off on Sunday that was much more alarming. It was a 'Low Oil Pressure Threshold' warning. We shut her down and took it back to the dock. After checking the oil I found it dangerously low. I learned something from all this too. I did check the oil, but never wiped the stick and resinserted when I checked it. Just did not have a rag handy... Oil was far enough up the stick I figured that we were good. Wrong! Once I wiped it we were way low. I will ALWAYS wipe the stick when checking fluids now. I was also under the assumption from the seller that this stuff was in order. He talked a real big game and I made the wrong choice of just trusting him. Fortunately all is well and there are no ill effects, at least at this point. I went to the boat yesterday and checked the V-Drive & Trans fluids and found both to be at the low acceptable level on the stick. Not where I like to keep them. At this point, for my own peace of mind, I hauled my extractor down to the dock and changed the oil, filter, trans & v-drive fluids. All clean and topped off and we'll be on a much more diligent maintenance schedule from here on out.

Thank you all for your thoughts on these issues, I will let you guys know what tripped the check engine as well as the what was up with the rudder seal.
    2007 Supra Launch 22SSV

(2) Wetsounds Rev 10's, (6) XS-650, (1) Syn 6, (1) Syn 4, (1) Kicker 10" Sub, WS-420SQ Full RGB LED on Wetsounds
    (2) SeaBlaze 3 Blue Transom Lights
    Supra Surf swim platform
    NauticLogic GPS Speedwheel/Perfect Pass Interface
    Wakemakers Ballast Upgrade, 3 Pump Fill, 3 Pump Drain