Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I replied to this thread earlier and I still have not had another issue of vapor lock. I was told the ethanol breaks down the fuel filter not allowing enough fuel to pass through. Not enough fuel passing through the line and high engine temps equals vapor lock. No vapor lock for almost three summers with this method.

"Had the same vapor lock issue and this is how I solved it on my 2006 21V. I went trough the same thought process with the 2nd pump. The mechanic at my dealer said save your money and do this. I thought he was crazy because it sounded too simple, but I haven't vapor locked in almost two full summers.
    1. Replace your fuel filter yearly.
    2. Always use mid grade fuel or better
    3. Always use a fuel additive. I use Stabil for marine applications.
    I'm in Atlanta and it's been in the 90's since June and haven't had the boat vapor lock once this summer.

Hope that helps and if it does it beats spending all that money on a 2nd pump."

Scott
    2006 Supra Launch 21V

I know this thread is old, but it seems like i have this issue. It looks like i have a 2 pump system. I just bought a new fuel filter hoping that is all it is. If problem persists afterwards, i'll check the fuel pump. I'll update after new filter installation.