Thread: Mad Props.

Question Mad Props.

I am going to replace my stock 13.7 x 17.5 OJ prop and I need a little help deciding on a new one. I have done some research and also spoke to the people at SkiDim.com and the OJ 14.25 x 14.5 .120 seems to be winning the race. I mostly surf now (and heavy ballast) and really would like better fuel consumtion and better hole shot. Has anyone used one of these? Does it seem like the right choice for me? I don't care about top end- as long as I can do 32mph I am good...

Mike

2005 Supra Launch 21v
    youtube.com/freeflyernc

I would definitely change that prop out. I put the Acme 1235 on my boat. Best upgrade I ever made. I am pulling 3000 lbs with the 325 engine. Itll only run about 35 mph now.
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V

Better hole shot and better fuel consumption are contradictory. but the acme 1161 is what I put on my boat and there is no appreciable difference on holeshot between it and the wakeboard prop yet it reduces rpms and thus better fuel consumption and 46 mph top end
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

I just stuck an Acme 537 ( ?) on my Launch... it's 13.5 x 16 vast improvement over stock - but after having a 13x13 on our legacy - everything is weak in comparison... Call JT @ nettles props and tell him what you do with your boat- many folks on here had mentioned him - and when I called - he lived up to the courtesy and knowledge that had been given him... knows his stuff!
    05' Launch 22SSV
    Saepe Expertus - Semper Fidelis - Fratres Aeterni

I ordered the OJ 14.25 x 14 prop today from SkiDim. I have 30 days to try it out- I'll let you know what I find.

I love the 14.25 x 14. That is what I run and have run for several years. Huge improvement over stock, although I think that is stock now, but not sure. That is the way to go. You will have nothing but good things to report back.

My new shiny prop showed up today (thanks skidim!). I installed it on the boat and it seems to run great! I only lost about 4 mph, but with the ballast full it takes off like a banshee! I can't wait to load it with friends and go surfing!

Awesome! Glad to hear.

That was REALLY fast.
    Zach
    05 Launch 21V