Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How do you wash your boat cover?

I think its time to wash my boat cover and I was hoping to get some ideas on how you guys do it before i lay it out on the driveway and just hose it down. Any input is welcome has anyone used one of those huge washing machines at a public laundry mat?

i've been looking for a laundromat around me...do they exist anymore?

county is putting in a new water main along my street....frickin dust bowl out there already, now add construction and heavy equipment.

If you figure out a way, let me know.

I tried to take mine in to the laundramat and after stuffing it into the oversized machine it became obvious that it still wasn't big enough to actually agitate it enough to wash the whole thing.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I just leave them on the boat and go to a quarter carwash. You obviously don't need to get the wand right up on it. The wind from the spray and the water will take care of dusty covers easily. Spot treat with 303 fabric cleaner and. Soft brush. Let dry outside, then treat with 303 fabric sealant to maintain water repelancy.
    2007 Supra Launch 22SSV

(2) Wetsounds Rev 10's, (6) XS-650, (1) Syn 6, (1) Syn 4, (1) Kicker 10" Sub, WS-420SQ Full RGB LED on Wetsounds
    (2) SeaBlaze 3 Blue Transom Lights
    Supra Surf swim platform
    NauticLogic GPS Speedwheel/Perfect Pass Interface
    Wakemakers Ballast Upgrade, 3 Pump Fill, 3 Pump Drain

If it's a Sunbrella cover, taking it to the laundro-mat will clean it, but it will also destroy the waterproofing. I just use a high power nozzle on my hose and every couple of years treat it with water repellant.

How about spreading it out on the driveway, and scrubbing it with long handled scrub brush using a small amount of low suds laundry detergent in hot water. Then rinse with a high pressure garden hose. Flip it over and do the underside too. Hang dry.
    Rick Ludtke
    1990 Supra Pirata
    1987 Supra Comp TS6M
    Photo Album https://forum.supraboats.com/album.php?albumid=4

Clermont, Fl (wakeboarding capitol of the world)

seems we all wash ours pretty much the same way.

I spread mine out on the driveway, hose it down, then use a scrub brush and a bucket of water and Woolite as detergent.

Hose it down untill all the soap disappears and then hang it up from a couple of trees to dry.

One of these days, I'm gonna take it to the laundromat and wash it in "Revivex" - the stuff that restores the water repellency in gore-tex rain gear.

I find that washing it while on the boat works...or, you can do the drive and clean method. Wait for a good downpour rain, get your boat up to about 70-80MPH on the highway in the good driving rain. That worked for me earlier this month.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I'D be wary of putting covers in a standard machine as they can rip easily, working with the elements is prolly the best way to go.....
    90 Conbrio

For the guys that wash it on the boat what if you get the boat wet?