Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gravity Games ballast bags

Looking to replace my 21v bags with the larger GG bags. Is there anywhere online I can buy them, or do I have to go through my Supra dealer? Thanks

Default Replying to Topic 'Gravity Games ballast bags'

Looking to replace my 21v bags with the larger GG bags. Is there anywhere online I can buy them, or do I have to go through my dealer? Thanks

I am interested in the same thing.

If either of you guys end up getting the GG bags, I might be interested in purchasing your old bags if the price is right. Email me at [email protected] if you end up getting the bags.

Cheers,
    DKJ
    1992 Supra Mariah - Red
    PCM 351HO 285hp - PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
    OJ XMP 4 Blade CNC 13x15.5RH

"People do weird things to boats" -Unknown

For the 21V you will want to consider GG bag up front in locker and then take your original front locker bag and put it in the back and then get one more of those front locker bags for the other rear compartment. It helps move the weight forward and has been the recommendation for the 21V. Trust me it is good! Save you some money too.

Thanks for the advice! Did you buy those bags retail or did you go thru your supra dealer? They just seem so expensive buying through the dealer.

nani,

The bags are the same price whether you buy them from a dealer or the manufacturer with maybe a difference of just a couple of bucks. I recently looked into the very same thing. You will basically double your weight (rear sacks 250-300 up to 500-600 ea., front bag 500-600 up to 1000-1200). The folks at my dealership and the manufacturer cautioned against too much ballast citing it may put too much stress on parts of the boat resulting in stress/gell coat cracks. Seems to me they wouldn't recommend them if that were the case. I have an 03' SSV which from what I understand is the same hull-wise as the GG edition less some of the extras.

If you go this way you'll probably find that your dealer or the manufacturer is going to recommend the leak-proof fitings as well. But you are right in that they are a bit pricy.

Good luck,

Joe

What are the costs of the GG bags with the leak proof fittings from your dealer?

Just curious before I call mine to see if they have inflated the price .

Thanks

got mine through the dealer...not sure what the costs are... they are worth it... yes the dealers will tell you about the extra stress etc cause they need to cover their butts just in case..... There are a ton of people running that much weight and even much more...
    Not sure on costs, but well worth it.... my guess is you might be looking at $350-$450 (1 standard front locker bag for the rear and 1 GG bag in the main locker) total?????

I was quoted by my dealer and the manufacturer of $250 ea for the rear sacks (19x19x42) and $360 for center sack (19x19x8. Don't recall what the fittings cost but I believe they were in the neighborhood of $12 ea (x6= $72). Total = Ouch! They did mention the Pro X sack which is (16x16x42) and $199 a pair but they are inferior in quality. No center bag available through them. The Pro X's are also available through Overton's which as I recall had an exensive selection .