Default 20ssv or Malibu VTX

Hey guys,came here to get some help. I'm in the market for a 20' max boat and have been looking hard all over the country. Found 2 2007 20ssv's that are very tempting and a 08 VTX. I have been all over the net trying to get info, virtual test drives you name it. I need some input on why Supra over the Mailbu VTX. Functionality,layout,hardware,tower,upholstery,car pet, storage, durability, resale value..... anything you can think of to help me with a decision. One of the 07's I'm looking at is fantastic looking and well taken care of... very tempting. Help

Hey Brian,
    I already posted about this on Wakeworld for you and chatted on the phone with you last week. Good luck and hope you get the Supra or whatever boat makes you happy.

Have you ever driven the Malibu? If not do so, most definatly. The slow speed handling is terrible, one of the worst docking boats built. I would rate is a comperable to an old Century Corronado. Good luck on your decision. Al
    Supra Beast
    Custom 496 MPI HO 425 hp
    Custom Teak floor

Diggs, still up in the air big time. Beast, I have and I did not find it that bad but I've driven tractors ect.. all my life so I don't find the Vdrive boats all that bad, but thanks for the heads up. I've not driven a Supra in 5yrs so I wouldn't really know the differance. Would love to go down there and drive both boats ect... but just not enough time ect...

Quote Originally Posted by beast 496 View Post
    Have you ever driven the Malibu? If not do so, most definatly. The slow speed handling is terrible, one of the worst docking boats built. I would rate is a comperable to an old Century Corronado. Good luck on your decision. Al
    Al, not to hijack this thread, but I have owned a Supra and now a Malibu.... dont want to start a boat war post, but I will say have to disagree with you on the "handling" of a Malibu.... it is no different from the Supra, they are both Vdrives, and at low speeds IMO they are identical for docking... I spent 234 hours in a 22SSV and 120 hours in my Wakesetter VLX, so plenty of docking time in each.
    White/Charcoal, 2011 VLX
    2008 Supra 22SSV

Quote Originally Posted by beast 496 View Post
    I cannot disagree with you anymore! I just sold my 2007 Sunsport 22 for a 2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247LSV and my new bu handles great at low speed. The extra two feet took getting used to, but the slow speed handling is better than my Sunsport and docking is easier. My only complaint about docking is the location of the bow cleat (it is located midship).
    2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247LSV