Default Shower in a '92 Supra Sunsport

Hi all - I just bought my friend's '92 Supra Sunsport and we love it! I noticed that there is a shower in the ski storage area in the back of the boat. There is an on/off switch next to the shower head and hose. However, even when I flip the switch, no water comes out of the shower. Is there another switch or valve that I need to use to engage the shower head?

Thanks all - looking forward to reading up on all of the great info in this forum!

Probably has valves on the hot/cold lines where it's plumbed into the coolant system. Follow the lines back to the engine and see what's there.

on my 91 mariah there are 2 bilge switches,it is the 2nd one on mine.The boat also has to be running to get any pressure, i put mine in neatraul and rev it up a bit and it has as much pressure as my house shower.

Perfect, thank you! I traced the shower line back into the engine and found the hot/cold lines with valves. I assume I can turn those valves on for the day so that we can use the shower without ruining the cooling system for the engine??

thanks again for your help! Loving the Supra!

Just adjust those valves with the engine on and warm until you get the water the temp that you want. You can leave them open all the time and just flip the shower switch on and off as you want to use it. I never closed my valves. When you winterize you will want to have those valves both wide open to clear the water out.

Also note that this was an aftermarket install. The shower would not have been on there from the factory.

Denver, most of the time, there is also a pump with the shower to push out enough water for the shower. I have been told to NOT run the shower without the engine running, besides not being hot, it can actually pull the water from the block and create problems. We love our shower this time of year and in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

Great help guys, thank you. I opened the valves last weekend and turned on the switch in the ski storage area while the boat was running, but didn't get any pressure. There were a few drops that came out, but that was it. I'll look on the dash to see if there is a switch that needs to be on. I'll also try the neutral trick mentioned above. Thanks for all of the great advise. I'm loving the Supra!