Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy

Default New toy

It isnt much of a looker, interior is where the boat suffers, but the motor is only three yrs old and runs amazing. Got a great deal on a lake ready boat. I am gonna try to squeeze all I can out of the rest of the GA season. Sorry for crappy cell pics.903.jpg2011-09-17 19.48.38.jpg2011-09-17 19.48.11.jpg

Congrats! Was this a salt water boat? Galvanized trailer??
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

From what I could tell boat has never seen salt. Trailer runners need a little work, one is broken near the rear. Not too hard of a fix but a pain. I think one day during winter ill drop it in and put in a new runner, or for now just rig up a metal sandwich plate underneath the carpet as a temporary fix.

Its an 86, same age as me ...hope i didnt make anyone feel too old.

Like the bars on the sides of the windshield? And dumb question but didnt they put glass in there for later models?

Looks good...enjoy. Welcome.

Welcome to the family jaynick! Looks like we have a little GA family in the works; we need to get everyone together for a day on Lanier! Post some more pictures when you get some time. I'm sure we'd all like to see what you got. I remember seeing it on CL a while back. I recall the price was very decent.

-Adam
    1986 TS6M Comp

Quote Originally Posted by ngavdba View Post
    I've never seen an '86 with window bars like mine. Thought they stopped doing that in '84.
    Dan - I agree that I've never seen an 86 with that particular windshield, but I also don't think I've seen an 84 with those bow rails - like my 86. I know Supra Sports used whatever they had available to build a boat at times, maybe this is a "for instance"

Who knows . . . .
    Clint
    Wake the World - West Virginia
    www.waketheworldwv.com

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Adam View Post
    Welcome to the family jaynick! Looks like we have a little GA family in the works; we need to get everyone together for a day on Lanier! Post some more pictures when you get some time. I'm sure we'd all like to see what you got. I remember seeing it on CL a while back. I recall the price was very decent.

-Adam
    I agree, I grew up in roswell so I know lanier pretty well, now I am stationed down here. I will post pics when I get a chance, I had it out on the lake down here saturday and sunday and it ran like a top, had to dust off the wakeboarding cobwebs but it came back quick and felt great.

Side note, anyone have any 14inch 5 lug wheels and tires for sale, two of mine are leaking at the beads and it would probably cost almost the same for me to have them reseated than to buy a couple decent used ones.

If the tires/rims are in good shape otherwise, I have had good luck with the tire Slime. I got mine at Wal-mart.